Help Please I think my dragon may be paralyzed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iluvmydragon

This afternoon my kids place the dragon in a plastic container that holes cut in the top so that the dragon could get air. They left the dragon outside and came in and by the time I went outside and discovered the dragon, his mouth was wide open as if he was gasping for air. They left him out their in the scorching heat for about 30 minutes, and I removed him poured water over his body and in his mouth and then soaked him in room temp water to try and cool him down. He is moving his front legs but not his back. All vets in my area now are closed please help. If there is anything I can do right now to help him I will.

popeye

i would say try to let him rest, what are your temps in his cage? hot and cold side? im sure someone else will come along and give u more usefull info on what to do, keeps us updated and let us know if he gets worse

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Jeremy,

Well, you definitely need to get him rehydrated immediately. Can you give him a tepid bath to try & cool him down a bit?
Do you have pedialyte to mix with water?
Maybe tomorrow, try to keep him a little cooler, say a few degrees just so he doesn't get more dehydrated. Chances are he has suffered a heat injury, so it will most likely take a few days for him to regain his hydration status.
Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom