Beardie acting strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marie9574

ok, so al's feel curl up and shakes. It is bothering us. Any ideas of what is going on? It lasts prob a min. Oh and his legs twitch

Elaina

Juvie Member
Is there anything else going on? Can I ask what kind of UV and heat light you have? Its helpful to know so that anything seriuos like MBD can be ruled out.
Has it been awhile since he poo'ed? He may be impacted. Give him a long warm bath, at least 20 minutes, and gently rub the sides of his belly (I think the right side is most effective, don't remember why). If Stewie doesn't go for awhile this always works. What kind of substrate do you use? If its any kind of particle substrate or sand, they ingest it and it can build up to become a blockage in their intestines, so you should stick with something like paper towels or repti-carpet, for example. Also, pureed pumpkin or applesauce helps get things moving. Add a couple of drops of olive oil and syringe feed, or as mine do, lick it right off the spoon! And of course, its pretty yummy for them :wink: Make sure your temps are at least 100 in the basking area, you could even take it up to around 105, the heat helps things digest. Try this for a couple days and see if it helps. Let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom