Help please! Sick Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonteacher

I'm a teacher with a bearded dragon in my middle school classroom. She came to me 6 years ago and she was full grown when I got her, so she's about 10 (?). She's in a huge tank with all the proper lighting; she eats mealworms, crickets, and veggies. She's been happy and healthy all this time until last week. She stopped eating, I thought she was going into Brumation, but she's becomming increasingly yellowish and more lethargic. She looks bad. This morning when I cam in she looked like she had fallen off of her stump and just laid in the awkward position in which she landed. Is she just dying of old age? Is this how they go? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

ArdorAndZeal1

Hatchling Member
its a possibility...

what yours light set up?
temperature gradient?
substrate>
etc?

vet care is a great idea at this point

dragonteacher

Original Poster
Well, I guess it was time. My bearded dragon passed away this afternoon. She had a sort of seizure and then she was gone. We're very sad. Thank you for your help. I will get another one eventually. Take care.

ArdorAndZeal1

Hatchling Member
So sad.
-
-

your BD was lucky to have such a caring handler.

you both seem to have been very good together.

I lost two to viral disease when they were very young, and i force fed them for a week. It was so hard. And it was hard to get another pair, they cant replace your old friend, or make the sad go away. But, they can bring New Joy.

I am sorry for your loss.

Best to you, Godspeed to your passed dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom