Red spot on beardies face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azureblacksky

Hi there I've had my beardie since Christmas time and I've kept her under the right temperatures and she gets her calcium and veggies. I feed her feeder crickets and super worms. Just today she ended up jumping off my arm onto the floor and out of concern I inspected her closely all over and she seems fine. I ended up noticing this red spot on her lip and it concerned me
Can someone tell me if they've ever seen this before?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like maybe stained skin. Has she eaten anything red like raspberry or strawberry recently? Another possibility is that the area hit something and was bruised. If that's the case it should start to heal up on its own. Keep an eye on the area for signs of it spreading or looking damaged. Her beard color looks good in the photo so she isn't showing outward signs of distress which is good.

Azureblacksky

Original Poster
I didn't think raspberry could stain ?
I was quite worried about her. I'm glad to see everything seems normal. Thank you I was distraught and didn't realize she had raspberrys in her salad earlier.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Mystery solved :D She should be fine. If the stain doesn't wash off with some warm water, it should eventually fade away or disappear with the next shed. Nothing harmful =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom