HELP!! I’VE HAD MY BEARDIE FOR MONTHS AND SHE ONLY POO TWICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

albathebeardie

Help!! I’ve had my bearded dragon alba since end of march 2021, ever since i’ve had her she has only pooped once and seems to refuse to poop inside her cage. each time she’s pooped it’s been outside of the cage (and while i’ve been holding her). and there is a white beige thing that seems to be blocking her up, it’s very hard and i’m not sure what it is. her poop is also runny and green. she’s about 5 years old and she’s blind in one of her eyes. i don’t have money to take her to a vet but i’m afraid that this is serious. she is my first reptile and i’m very new to all of this, please help

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry your girl is having some trouble.
We can review your setup a little to be sure everything is correct. Are you using a UVB light
for her & if so, what type/brand is it?
What foods are you giving her?
It sounds like she could possibly be impacted especially if she is not going to the bathroom
often. Has her beard been darker than normal?
You can get some sugar free applesauce, canned pumpkin & a drop or two of coconut or olive
oil & mix it up together. Then, using a plastic dropper or syringe, you can drip it onto the end of
her nose to see if she will take that in. That can help with impaction. Try giving a daily bath in
warm water & let her swim around a little bit too.
What are the temperatures in her tank & what type of thermometer are you using to measure
them with?

Tracie

albathebeardie

Original Poster
Yes i’ve been using a UVB light, i’m not very sure what brand it is considering most of my stuff is handmedowns from her previous owner. she really likes kale and whenever we have fruit in the house i cut up bits of blueberries, strawberries, watermelon, and other fruits. she has super worms every couple days and it’s usually 4-5. as fast as ik her beard is it’s normal color, a pretty bright orange. i use one of the digital thermometers that i stick on the wall of her tank, on her basking side it’s usually around 95-100, while her cooler side is usually around 80. i’ll try the bath stuff and see if i can get all that stuff together for her

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You might want to consider upgrading or changing out the UVB light. They usually only stay
effective for 6 months to 8 months on average.
Do you have any pictures you could post? The stick on digital thermometers are not real
accurate for basking temperatures but will measure ambient temperatures & humidity. We
recommend using either a digital probe or temp gun for better accuracy of temperatures.
The best UVB lights are the Arcadia D3 12% tube T5 or the Reptisun 10% tube T5 which do
tend to last at least a year for effectiveness.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom