dark black beard and pale back not moving or breathing much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smaug2015

My bearded dragon was cold in her cage because heat lamp burnt out so I bring her to a warm bath and she was swimming around and breathing fine but when I take her out onto my table she barely moves and barely breaths and lately she has not ate or drank much(I have had her 6+ years)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Have you replaced the heat bulb? What are your basking temps for her? And how are you taking them? UVB what are you using? This are standard questions to eliminate the behavior

Smaug2015

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2iq15v9r said:
Have you replaced the heat bulb? What are your basking temps for her? And how are you taking them? UVB what are you using? This are standard questions to eliminate the behavior
I have not replaced the heat bulb because my car is being repaired, I keep her basking area around 90, I have a thermometer and humidity monitor near the heat bulb and at the end of the cage, I am using a reptisun 10 uvb Florissant bulb.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so the UVB is a coil or a tube--- the lighting in the tank is crucial along w/ basking temps-- you need a digital probe thermometer to get proper basking temps -- the black beard is not good - she is in distress or in pain --- your dragon in sick and you need to get a heat bulb that is going to keep temps 95-100 for her --- NO stick ons they are inaccurate --- if your using a coil that is one of the causes -- coils are NO good ---

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry to hear your girl isn't doing well. Do you have any pictures of her, along with the
tank setup you could post?
I agree, even if you don't have a specific basking bulb for reptiles, etc, you can just use a
regular household lightbulb for now until you can get a different type. If she isn't kept warm
enough the majority of the time her health will decline.
How is she doing this evening?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom