Beardie is going to lay eggs but hasn’t showed ANY signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowerthanlowe

hello all
i have a bearded dragon that i am now looking after permanently thanks to my brother being an *****. When he got her, he thought she was a he. after taking her to the vet and doing an x-ray, my vet told me she was a girl and that she is going to be laying eggs soon. this was maybe two months ago that i took her. she told me to keep an eye on her, set up a lay bin, make sure she has enough calcium and exposure to UV light. she wasn’t in the best hands before so i ended up getting everything she needed as well as a new bigger tank, 4x2 tank off of zen habitats. the one thing that is really tripping me out, is that most people can see an outline of the eggs in their beardies stomach but she has nothing. i try to gently feel around to see if i can feel any marble like balls in her tummy but nothing. i don’t know if maybe she isn’t quite there yet or something has gone wrong. most days she is very active, but some days the only thing she does is lay on the ground in her tank or end up going into her hut and sleeping. i have a tiny apartment so i do let her free roam, she roams for a little while with lots of energy but then finds a corner to just lay down and sleep in. she has been pooping pretty frequently, small poops here and there and yesterday i came home to a huge pile in the middle of her tank. i work 6-5 monday through thursday so usually she is sleeping when i come home because thats pretty much half the day. i think i do remember the vet saying when she took the x-ray that there were follicules in there but should it take a long time for the eggs to actually form? plz halp. i’m always worried for this girl because she’s literally my child but also because she wasn’t in the best environment before. i always find myself looking things up and trying different things, and i always get an answer from here, so i made an account to make this post. FORGOT to mention that i do give her a variety of greens each morning that she sometimes picks at. i give her mealworms and calci worms dusted in calcium powder every three or four days(the dusting part, bugs: small amounts each morning)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am glad to hear that you have brought her home so that she will have a chance at
survival. Feel free to post pictures of her too.
The tank size is very good. Has she been even tried using the laybox at all? It is possible
that if she did have eggs or was developing them that her body might have reabsorbed them
before they were calcified.
Once follicles start to form, it normally doesn't take much longer than 4-6 weeks on average.
If she was close to laying, her appetite would probably be decreased by quite a bit. What type
of foods does she eat?
What type & brand of UVB light do you use?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom