Update on the yellow scale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I’ve been watching the 2 damaged yellowish/brownish scale on her mouth for a few days, and here’s an update?
107208-2357561654.jpg
It’s getting a little more brown on the sides, so I was just wondering if that means it’s getting worse or better?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Due to the lighter colors of the scales along her nose, my guess is that she is about to shed her face. I'd wait until that is complete and see how the scale looks after that. It may wind up just going back to normal after shedding.

CrunchyBeardedBaby

Original Poster
CooperDragon":il0zy3es said:
Due to the lighter colors of the scales along her nose, my guess is that she is about to shed her face. I'd wait until that is complete and see how the scale looks after that. It may wind up just going back to normal after shedding.

Well, the 2 light scales along her nose (on the top half) are the damages scales i was talking about. My brother accidentally pulled them off early and a few days later started turning yellow/ish, and now i it’s getting brownish on the edges, i was just wondering if that is normal.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah the yellowish scale along the top lip, right? That looks damaged, I'm just not sure if it's healing and the scale coming in under it will be normal or not. It's not likely to be a long term problem either way based on what I see in the photo. I was noting that the scales along the top of her nose look like they're about to shed which may cause the damaged lip scale to shed along with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heavenbeardies
Top Bottom