Yellowish scales on mouth? Yellow fungus?? Help??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I haven’t been on here
107208-9124471927.jpg
in a while but about a year ago we rescued an older dragon from an abusive home. She’s always been healthy active, and after getting used to us, has been a great pet. However tonight I noticed a couple yellowish/brownish scales on her mouth. It doesn’t make sense because she has no symptoms of any sickness. She did poop a watery poop today but other than that, she’s been drinking a lot of water, eating food and being active. I was told by my sibling that they noticed her shed coming off and tried to help but pulled off a scale that was not ready so maybe it’s that?? Can someone tell me if i should worry about these scales?? Help?!
107208-7472739303.jpg
107208-9164538565.jpg
(this is a photo with flash so you can see it a bit better.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The colors on her beard are a beautiful yellow color! The discolored scales on & around her
mouth & lips area look to be pre-shed.
How long have the scales appeared this way? Sometimes after shedding, the scales take a
while to go back to normal color, or oftentimes the pigmentation can change some also.
I don't see any evidence of yellow fungus though!

Tracie

CrunchyBeardedBaby

Original Poster
Drache613":sz9t82gp said:
Hello,

The colors on her beard are a beautiful yellow color! The discolored scales on & around her
How long have the scales appeared this way? Sometimes after shedding, the scales take a
while to go back to normal color, or oftentimes the pigmentation can change some also.

Tracie
We’ll I didn’t notice until tonight, however my sibling told me that they didn’t appear yellow until a few days after he pulled off the shed too early.

CrunchyBeardedBaby

Original Poster
Drache613":20oni109 said:
Hello,

(sorry to respond again i wanted to add soemthing) yes, the grey around her lips and estes is deffiently pressed, however what i’m worried about is the one yellow scale and the brownish scale next to it.
Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I think that the coloration is just fine. Sometimes there are variations in the colors on & or
around the mouth & lip area, especially during shedding.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom