Dead and blowing up like a balloon. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning, this is a little gross…My beardie died last night. He was bad all day and 12+ vets and ECs turned me away. I’m sad and bitter and would just like to leave him there until rigamortus starts and I know 100% it’s time (since beardies can fool you and part of me wishes he’s faking it). But, I’ve noticed his body filling up like a balloon. Also, there’s a bad smell from the tank so I figured it’s time. However, he’s still not stiff yet, his body is bloated like a balloon, and I don’t what that means; or if I should handle him just yet. I couldn’t find anything online. Has anyone heard of this and ideas what I should do?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am very sorry to hear your dragon has passed. It takes some time for rigormortis to set in
& sometimes it can be hard to determine that for awhile. It is safe to handle him however.
Are you planning on getting an autopsy, or just burying him?
It definitely sounds like he has passed. I am sorry that no vets would help you & your precious
boy. :cry:

Tracie

Gail

BD.org Addict
Rigomortis has already happened and left. Bodies don't stay stiff, its just a short phase of the natural death process.
The bloating is the body filling up with gasses. It will only get worse, bury him now if that's your plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom