Is this vomit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessiemp

I smelled something horrible coming from the tank so I look and see this undigested food. Is this vomit or poop? And why does it look like that and how can I help her? She’s laying in her den but she’s looking around and stuff
108017-9943156922.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That is a good question ---- what are your basking temps and how are you taking them? What are you feeding--? I am leaning more towards poop but cannot be sure ---

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That is poop.

Are the poos normally well formed? A 1 off poo isn't much to be concerned about normally.
But it's a good sign to recheck your tank and make sure everything is up to par.

If those are crushed walnut shells, there is no worse substrate by the way. It is extremely sharp and can rip up their insides if they ingest it and have to pass it through.

-Brandon

jessiemp

Original Poster
KarrieRee":km59wexm said:
That is a good question ---- what are your basking temps and how are you taking them? What are you feeding--? I am leaning more towards poop but cannot be sure ---
Basking temps are 97-100 and I have a digital thermometer. I feed a mixture of collard greens, escarole, cilantro and some other veggies here and there. I have her mango for the first time maybe that upset her stomach? She’s totally acting normal and super hyper as always and eating really good.

jessiemp

Original Poster
Claudiusx":138scc6m said:
That is poop.

Are the poos normally well formed? A 1 off poo isn't much to be concerned about normally.
But it's a good sign to recheck your tank and make sure everything is up to par.

If those are crushed walnut shells, there is no worse substrate by the way. It is extremely sharp and can rip up their insides if they ingest it and have to pass it through.

-Brandon
Yes they are normally formed. This was after her first time having mango, guess I won’t do that again! The tanks perfect and. I believe they are walnut shells and I am aware people don’t like them. I have had her for 5 or 6 years on it though and I watch her closely when she’s eating, she hasn’t ingested any in her 5 years on it. I have 2 other beardies who have been on it for years as well and they’re doing wonderful, guess I’m just lucky my beardies don’t lick things haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom