PLS HELP ITS URGENT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone I appreciate any help you could possibly give I’m very worried about my beardie. ever since we got a dog (a little over a year ago) i’ve been neglecting him way too much and i’d go into little phases of remembering to feed him daily for about a week and then forgetting again for a month or so. i know, it’s awful and i’m trying to make it right. recently he’s been extra lethargic and usually stays in a corner of his enclosure. his setup is clean and i think the temperature is pretty good it’s food and nutrition that’s an issue. whenever i’d feed him he’d take the food even after a few weeks of not having it but recently (around a week or 2) he hasn’t been accepting food at all. which is when i started paying more attention to him as i should have from the very beginning. he would just close his eyes and refuse the worms. i read someone that i should try the critical care powder thing so i got it and he wasn’t too keen on having it with the syringe specially but otherwise he wouldn’t even glance at it so i had to get him to open his mouth and give him food by force. i did that for about 2 days but he ended up chewing on the syringe so it doesn’t work anymore and i’m worried that force feeding him like that stresses him out even more. i don’t know what to do please help i’m trying to make it right!!!! he is around 3 years old and i really don’t want to lose him. through the day he would still occasionally go under the basking light or around the area but he would lay there flat on the ground and i’m really really scared i won’t be able to give him the help he needs.
please i’m begging anyone with any ideas on how to save him from getting worse i will do anything!

freddieboi57

Original Poster
his colour is still bright yellow even when laying flat on the floor i’m just not sure what’s going on or what to do :( i really need your help

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please go over the UVB in the tank coil or tube ? Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? NO stick ons they are inaccurate and NO coils for a UVB ---

freddieboi57

Original Poster
i also forgot to mention that since we got the dog i haven’t been able to take him out of his enclosure bc the dog has been desperate to get at him. sometimes she sits or stands outside of his enclosure and barks or tries to scratch at the glass and stuff

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Your dragon is highly stressed out if this is what is going on ------------------ please tell me what your using for a UVB and keep the dog out of the room ------------- if you need to rehome because of the issues going on w/the dog please contact a rescue center or some of the vets in town that might have some ideas of where to relocate him --- here is a website for a reptile vet
www.arav.org
Lighting in that tank is the MOST IMPORTANT thing in it - it controls the over all health and behavior of the dragon ------------ I cannot stress that enough

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree with Karrie, one main thing most likely going on is that he is very stressed because
of the dog if the dog is being aggressive. Can you get him out of the room & place him in
another area where he wont have that type of stress?

Tracie

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Imagine yourself in a world where all is peaceful, the food is plentiful and, you are loved! Then out of nowhere a loud, obnoxious, fangfaced creature finds you. Now every day is filled with fear, starvation, despair and loneliness.
All of this was avoidable, your dragon didn't ask for this. Your dragon was there first and now he is trapped in hell.
If there is any re-homing to do, to me there is no question as to who needs to go and it's not your dragon!!!

freddieboi57

Original Poster
hi guys thank you for your feed back. i understand what you’re saying about the dog stressing him out and i think you might be right. she stays downstairs most of the day and only goes into my room (the room where the beardie is as well) at night to sleep. she’s better now compared to how she was when she first met the beardie so she doesn’t bother him as much now but she still does. ill keep her as far away from him as possible and interact with him more to hopefully calm him down a little more and make him feel more comfortable. i’d rather not rehome any of my pets just yet but i will be thinking about it a lot and i hope it doesn’t come to that but if it does then i know what i have to do. ill let you know what type of uvb light i use in the morning as it’s quite late now. thanks again it’s very much appreciated.
he’s looking a little better today basking and being bright coloured i also added a bit of a deeper water bowl (deep enough for him to fit in) for whenever he wants to drink or cool off. even if he doesn’t eat it i’ll be putting vegetables with some meal worms in his enclosure every day or so to hopefully entice him into eating again. ill let you know if there are any more changes.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing today?
It sounds like he has gotten a little better. There is no need to rehome him, just readjust the
tank location as you have done & that should greatly help out. Sometimes they can socialize
with a dog but you always have to supervise them of course.
Let us know how things are going & about your UVB light also.

Tracie

freddieboi57

Original Poster
hi guys thank you for your feed back. i understand what you’re saying about the dog stressing him out and i think you might be right. she stays downstairs most of the day and only goes into my room (the room where the beardie is as well) at night to sleep. she’s better now compared to how she was when she first met the beardie so she doesn’t bother him as much now but she still does. ill keep her as far away from him as possible and interact with him more to hopefully calm him down a little more and make him feel more comfortable. i’d rather not rehome any of my pets just yet but i will be thinking about it a lot and i hope it doesn’t come to that but if it does then i know what i have to do. ill let you know what type of uvb light i use in the morning as it’s quite late now. thanks again it’s very much appreciated.
he’s looking a little better today basking and being bright coloured i also added a bit of a deeper water bowl (deep enough for him to fit in) for whenever he wants to drink or cool off. even if he doesn’t eat it i’ll be putting vegetables with some meal worms in his enclosure every day or so to hopefully entice him into eating again. ill let you know if there are any more changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom