What is wrong with this lizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recovery24

Hi,
This lizard has bad stools an get them all over. An can barely walk. Walks like a shopping cart with left hand turns. What can I do to improve health or put out of his misery.
full

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Judging by his looks and not being able to see the entire tank setup (aka lights and heat source) , I'd say a bit of MBD, and possibly parasites.
How old is your dragon?
What UVB are you using?
What are the temps (basking and cool side)?
The tank seems a bit small, what size is it?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Your dragon looks ill ---- the size of the tank is too small it looks like a 30 gallon? Please upgrade his tank and I am thinking the lighting is incorrect as well ---- if hes having issues walking it is more than likely MBD --- he needs a long tube fixture like a 24" Zoo Med Sunblaster or Arcadia w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia 12% bulb -- basking temps need to be 95-100 for a juvie/ adult dragon taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- the basking bulb needs to be a bright white bulb as well ---- NO COIL bulbs of any kind NO colored bulbs NO heat mats or rocks please ---- get this stuff ASAP if you dont have it --- all this things I posted are a MUST to have a healthy dragon -- if you need help w/ anything like diet or supplements or getting the things I posted please ask --- your dragon is getting sicker by the day w/ the improper lighting

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How long have you had your dragon?
Please review your tank setup such as the type/brand of UVB, temperatures, nutritional
regime & supplementation so we can be sure everything is correct.
It would probably be a good idea to get a fecal done on him, in case he has worms or parasites.
Has he been losing weight at all?
It definitely could be metabolic bone disease or some other health issue going on.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom