Status
Not open for further replies.

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
Hi Everyone,

Drogon just went through a shed and seems to be done for now. In the last few days, I noticed he stopped eating and just wants to hide. I checked his basking temp, which was 95, sometimes can go upto 100 F. He was actually sleeping all day!

Is he going into a second brumation? He just went into one Oct 2020! Please also see my previous post about his poo issue. Still hasn't gone away even though I stopped calcium supplements and use BSFL instead. He has an upcoming poo appointment in July.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=259579

A worried Selkie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there,, it most likely won't last long, sometimes they do this out of the blue as adults , at times if they don't feel well or can be for seemingly no real reason at all. Has he been drinking on his own ? If not, use a dropper or spray bottle to very slowly drip water on his snout until he starts to drink.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, a lot of times they can go through some strange phases. I would just monitor his
weight to be sure he doesn't lose any weight, or very little. Be sure his basking temperatures
are optimal, maybe increase them by 1 or 2 degrees possibly.
Is your UVB up to date also?

Tracie

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
AHBD":2ghyyzn8 said:
Hi there,, it most likely won't last long, sometimes they do this out of the blue as adults , at times if they don't feel well or can be for seemingly no real reason at all. Has he been drinking on his own ? If not, use a dropper or spray bottle to very slowly drip water on his snout until he starts to drink.

Hi there!
Yeah he's never been good with water so every day I try to drop water on his nose.some days he drinks and other days he gives me stink eye lol. Any idea about the orange urate issue?

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drache613":2j77xg26 said:
Hello,

I agree, a lot of times they can go through some strange phases. I would just monitor his
weight to be sure he doesn't lose any weight, or very little. Be sure his basking temperatures
are optimal, maybe increase them by 1 or 2 degrees possibly.
Is your UVB up to date also?

Tracie

Hi there! Yes I bought a new bulb in March and I like to replace it every 5 months to be safe. Any idea about the orange urate?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great your UVB light is up to date. A lot of times that really affects their behavior if it
has declined to a certain point. The orange tinted urate is usually caused by oversupplementation
of calcium or vitamins. However, it can also be simply due to a particular food causing some type
of discoloration, too.
Are the urates hard or soft? You can increase some oral fluids daily to help out if the urates are
harder than they should be.

Tracie

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drache613":yyjrms90 said:
Hello,

That's great your UVB light is up to date. A lot of times that really affects their behavior if it
has declined to a certain point. The orange tinted urate is usually caused by oversupplementation
of calcium or vitamins. However, it can also be simply due to a particular food causing some type
of discoloration, too.
Are the urates hard or soft? You can increase some oral fluids daily to help out if the urates are
harder than they should be.

Tracie

Hi Tracie,

That's the weird thing! I stopped giving him supplements because of the tint. I only started feeding my feeders carrots yesterday but otherwise they've been on potatoes and greens scraps. He's pretty good with taking fluids but right now he's just shut down :( he's been moody not interested in cuddling like usual and no interest in coming out or eating.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is very strange but not completely unusual. There are counts where dragons will go into
another brumation but hopefully this lethargic phase wont last long.
Has he come out to bask very much yet? I am sure he will not be down for too long, just keep
an eye on his weight.

Tracie

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drache613":1t67qolq said:
Hello,

That is very strange but not completely unusual. There are counts where dragons will go into
another brumation but hopefully this lethargic phase wont last long.
Has he come out to bask very much yet? I am sure he will not be down for too long, just keep
an eye on his weight.

Tracie

Hi there!
He snapped out of it this week and is eating almost every day and did a good poop lol! Still seeing a bit of orange in the urate even when I'm not dusting but hopefully it will go away soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom