Yellow Fungus??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danique

Hi!
My beardie just passed the 1 year mark and she is almost done shedding, only her front feet left, but i noticed recently this little very faint yellow patch on her chest. She is a citrus, all tho mostly more on the orange side apart from her chin and beard.
I was looking at other forums and everbody says yellow if fingus so i am worried.
The firsr picture is with flash since without flash it doesn't show up on the camera. Its more on the side of her scale a very faint yellow, almost like bad shed or little bits of shed left stuck.
It doesnt hurt her when i touch her she eats like normal, runs and climbs as normal. Doesn't seem to bother her at all, and i didn't think anything of it until i started looking online to see if other have had something like this and found yellow fungus.
I clean her cage everyday, she gets a bath at least 1 a week, sometimes, when shedding, 1 or 2 more because she loves swimming! But i make sure that i dry her before putting her in her terrarium.
Also, i live in Spain and since the weather is good and warm i let her hang out with my in the sun, no more than 1 hour a day, and not even everyday because when its to windy i am afraid she may get too cold so i dont take her out with me, outside. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. When i got her last year and she was a tiny baby i didn't take her outside with me in fear of her falling of me or running and injuring herself because she was so tiny. Don't know if its important i just wanted to add it incase it is of any significance.
Somebody please help.

111397-3811849849.jpg
111397-9637252120.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

No worries here, those off colored scales that look dull or yellowish in color are just old
scales that will eventually shed off. It definitely is not yellow fungus, thankfully!
That is a very nice beardie belly, by the way.
The Citrus morphs do have some nice light colors on them. It sounds like she is very well
pampered & taken care of so I don't think it is anything to worry about. Shedding sometimes
takes awhile & doesn't always go smoothly for them.
Is she eating well too?

Tracie

Danique

Original Poster
Drache613":3h8i6n9s said:
Hello,

No worries here, those off colored scales that look dull or yellowish in color are just old
scales that will eventually shed off. It definitely is not yellow fungus, thankfully!
That is a very nice beardie belly, by the way.
The Citrus morphs do have some nice light colors on them. It sounds like she is very well
pampered & taken care of so I don't think it is anything to worry about. Shedding sometimes
takes awhile & doesn't always go smoothly for them.
Is she eating well too?

Tracie

Thank you so much for answering my post! You have no idea how worried I was thinking she might have Yellow Fungus.
Yes she it's her veggies and insects just as usual, when she was mid shed of her belly and back she ate a little less, which is not nothing new because she always does that when she is shedding, poor girl must be too uncomfortable to eat a lot. But now she is back to normal!
She has some light colors on her beard but since this one is new i got worried.
Thank you again for writing a message!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You are very welcome! It is stressful to wonder about the possibility of a health issue looming.
They usually don't eat as much when they go through shedding. She does look very nice &
in great condition.
At least she is eating well so her little belly scales must not be bothering her too much. Feel
free to post pictures when she is done shedding!

Tracie

Danique

Original Poster
Drache613":3eqwhjk9 said:
Hello,

You are very welcome! It is stressful to wonder about the possibility of a health issue looming.
They usually don't eat as much when they go through shedding. She does look very nice &
in great condition.
At least she is eating well so her little belly scales must not be bothering her too much. Feel
free to post pictures when she is done shedding!

Tracie

For sure I will! It's my first time owning a beardie and i have researched about beardies and their care for a about 3 years before getting one and never heard about yellow fungus till now. And the stories about it aren't fun so i obviously got worried.
Many thanks again!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is difficult learning all about their scales, what shed or older scales look like, the overall
care & nutrition, etc. There is always a lot of information to sift through.
Let us know how things are going!

Tracie

Danique

Original Poster
Drache613":1baavhpl said:
Hello,

It is difficult learning all about their scales, what shed or older scales look like, the overall
care & nutrition, etc. There is always a lot of information to sift through.
Let us know how things are going!

Tracie

These photos are of this morning, after a time cuddling, petting and her giving me a few licks on my hand she went to run and walk around the living room before going to her favourite pillow, hang out there for a little while then she climbed over the couches to the window and onto my hand to stare outside, her favourite hobby to do! Since the couch is bellow the window she can't see outside so i always have to put my hand as on the photo so that the can hang out and stare outside. After that she ate her salad and got some sun in her terrarium :)
Her front feet are shedding now so i just gave her a bath and later she will get her dubbia roaches, and if the weather is well enough in the afternoon I will take her outside to get some sun. Not a bad life in my opinion!

111397-2651951243.jpg
111397-4828452515.jpg
111397-6000638227.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Beautiful beardie ! I really like the picture on the pillow. :) And I agree, no sign of Y.F. anywhere.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She is beautiful! Those are great pictures. She looks very happy & has terrific light colors!
Feel free to post pictures anytime. I hope she continues to do well for you.

Tracie

Danique

Original Poster
Drache613":2w70pcuw said:
Hello,

She is beautiful! Those are great pictures. She looks very happy & has terrific light colors!
Feel free to post pictures anytime. I hope she continues to do well for you.

Tracie

Thank you so much! I for sure will, thank you for your help, I really appreciate it :D

Danique

Original Poster
Drache613":2anlfkgz said:
Hello,

You are very welcome! Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Hi!
Little update: she is done shedding her feet and mouth and on her belly it hasn't gotten bigger or anything. I did however noticed that she has 3 small orange spots on her belly, don't think its YF because its orange not yellow. Its the same colour as her beard so i think it's just her colour coming through?
Took picture with and without flash just in case:
111397-8213840895.jpg
111397-9055905472.jpg

She is just as usual, would say even a bit more active now since the weather is getting better, so she likes to explore more around the house (supervised of course) and eats like normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom