Runny yellow poo after laying eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpikeGirlsMom

111368-6751835779.jpg
This is a picture of my beardie's poop when she went outside today. This is the second time in two days her poop has looked like this. She just laid a batch of ~30 eggs 2 days ago. This is the second time she's laid eggs. The first time was about 2 months ago. Is this something residual inside? It didn't happen last time. She is acting and eating normally.
I read that it could be excess calcium. I have been giving her more because of the egg-laying because I thought she would be depleted. Is that not the case? Her normal diet is Kale, Zucchini, occasional carrots, super worms, crickets, and occasional Dubia roaches.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That looks pretty yellow to me. It is a possibility that some yolk burst internally & she is
passing it through, but not sure. You mentioned she isn't acting ill at all?
This does happen but I would definitely keep an eye on it to be sure her weight stays stable
& she doesn't start to act ill. It can sometimes be residual but if it is in excess it could develop
into an infection.
How much calcium are you giving, 4-5 times weekly?

Tracie

SpikeGirlsMom

Original Poster
She is still acting normal and I have not given her any calcium since I posted this. She pooped again yesterday and there was still yellow in it. I will just keep watching her, I guess. :?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, definitely keep an eye on her. It likely is not discoloration from calcium then. It could
be her body flushing out any yolk that may have burst. I hope her system gets back to
normal soon.
How is her appetite doing?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom