Residue/crust or broken scales on lips

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizzy1

Hi everyone,

Hoping you guys can help me. My sons beardy spike has some type of residue or crust on his lips. At first I thought maybe it was residue from eating crickets but I’ve tried cleaning it off with a warm cloth but it doesn’t seem to be doing anything. I don’t want to try too hard because I’m afraid of hurting him. I did some research and thought that maybe it’s mouth rot but I’m not sure. Help would be appreciated
109985-4780835528.jpg
109985-266927463.jpg
109985-2122841869.jpg

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Oh man - maybe you can post this in the Beardie ER section? I’m really not sure - but it looks like you def need some medical advice / medical attention (if in fact that’s in fact what’s going on) - and maybe this comment will bump up the priority - but I hope you find some help - I would def post on Beardie ER section and def add these photos! I wish you the best of luck!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That does not look good there at all & most likely is very sore for him.
How long has it looked this way?
We need to review your tank setup such as the type/brand of UVB lighting & temperatures in
the tank. Do you have any raw or unpasteurized honey? For now you can use that on his
mouth area but you should consider getting him in to see a vet.
Is he having trouble eating?

Tracie

dizzy1

Original Poster
Thanks for the concern everyone I did end up posting it in beardie ER. I did use betadine and raw honey as recommended and he’s looking a lot better. Still have an appointment with the vet today hopefully nothing to worry about

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am glad to hear he is doing a little better. I am anxious to hear what the vet had to say & what
other treatment means or methods he suggested for him.
Is he eating very well?
Let us know how he is progressing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom