Strange Yellow Poop Chunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MandMarigold

Hi everyone,

This is my first post so please don't mind any errors I make! I've been lurking the site for a while haha, and everyone seems so nice, so I thought I'd give this a shot. Also, I'm sorry for the gross poop picture but I thought it necessary to explain the situation.

110186-1943269410.jpg

So, I'm posting because my lovely 3 yo rescue beardie,(had her for six months) Marigold has been having some odd poops. There is smaller yellow parts of poop along with her normal darker green ones, and occasionally liquid around it too. I heard this poop coloring might have to do with excess calcium, although she only gets it three times a week with her bugs. Her coloring and demeanor are good, and she's still a picky eater although she eats collard greens (pretty much only veggie she'll eat, although she's offered others) and Dubia roaches.

My family and I adore her so much, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Ultimately I'd like to know whether or not to take her to a vet. Thanks everyone!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Looks well hydrated, that's good. It looks like the yellow portion is urate rather than poop. The discoloration could be caused by any number of things. It's possibly supplement related, but not necessarily. Especially if it's only a few times a week with bugs. If this was just a one off thing, I wouldn't worry about it too much. If it continues to look discolored for several weeks, then a vet visit may be worthwhile. I'd keep trying to offer variety in her salads to make sure she's getting the nutrients she needs. I've had good luck with squash cut into worm shapes, chopped green beans, chopped bell pepper, and things like mustard greens, turnip greens, and bok choy. They all have different preferences though, so takes some trial.

MandMarigold

Original Poster
CooperDragon":iubnkb1k said:
Looks well hydrated, that's good. It looks like the yellow portion is urate rather than poop. The discoloration could be caused by any number of things. It's possibly supplement related, but not necessarily. Especially if it's only a few times a week with bugs. If this was just a one off thing, I wouldn't worry about it too much. If it continues to look discolored for several weeks, then a vet visit may be worthwhile. I'd keep trying to offer variety in her salads to make sure she's getting the nutrients she needs. I've had good luck with squash cut into worm shapes, chopped green beans, chopped bell pepper, and things like mustard greens, turnip greens, and bok choy. They all have different preferences though, so takes some trial.

Thank you so much for your help! It means a lot that you took time out of your day to help me and Marigold. And yes, her poop has looked like this for a while, although she doesn't go very often. I will test out limiting her calcium a tad since I tend to put a lot on her bugs and she is a healthy weight but not very large. I will definitely try the worm-squash and beans you recommended! Thanks so much!

Also- I will probably post updates so that others know if something worked for us. Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom