Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcusandbalse

20210609_151353.jpg

Hi so its a bit hard to see here but my boy Balse has a patch on his side, discolored from his normal scales. He flinches away when I touch it and im worried it might be a fungus or infection. I did contact a vet about it but I'd like other advice in the meantime please

Gail

BD.org Addict
It really looks like a patchy spot that is getting ready to shed.
Try touching his other side in the same area, the same way you touched this one. I bet he reacts the same.

marcusandbalse

Original Poster
Yeah looking at it now I think that's what it is, still taking him to see a vet since I'm pretty sure his previous owner never took him and I just want to be sure. Thank you for replying!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, it looks like a patch getting ready to shed. Their scales get very sensitive when it is
getting ready to shed.
Is he eating well & basking normally?
Let us know how the vet visit goes!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom