My girl just had a big surgery to get a mass removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larss

My lizard just had a pretty big surgery yesterday and I got to take her home today. Tho something doesn’t seem right. When I very gently pick her up she seems almost dead aka she won’t open her eyes and seems just off is this normal or should I contact my vet

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Contact your vet and am flagging your post to Tracie she is on late at nite
Please post what she had surgery for what kinds of meds were give and how much -- this is going to help her --- UVB brand and bulb coil or tube -- basking temps what are they and how are you taking them

Larss

Original Poster
Hi thank you she has an all living things uv light and heat lamp the medicine she is taking is called sulfamethoxazole and it’s 0.7 ml a day. Her surgery was getting a mass removed on her left size and she is 10 years old. The vet isn’t open but I will call first thing tomorrow

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello

Poor girl, I am sure she is very weak. She had a tumor/mass removed?
I would definitely contact the vet if she is relatively unresponsive right now. It is common
for them to have side effects & very lethargic behavior after a surgery due to the after
effects of the anesthesia
Is her beard darker than usual?
We need the names of the medications you have her on. Try to keep her a little warmer
during the night for help with her immune system.

Tracie

Larss

Original Poster
Hi thank you. She’s looking a little better this morning when I went to go give her her meds. More alert and lighter beard. My vet recommended pushing fluids so I did that too. She hasn’t ate yet tho and still seems very lethargic.

Lars

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great to hear her color is better today. If her beard has lightened up then she is feeling
better. It sometimes takes a few days for them to start feeling more normal after getting a
major surgery & for the anesthesia to wear off.
Definitely pushing more fluids would be a good idea for awhile. Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
After my wisdom tooth surgery my mom thought I was dead a few times because it would take a good shake to wake me up to change my gauze pads & I was just flopped over from the meds. It was the most relaxing sleep I’ve ever had — it’s no wonder druggies abuse ketamine. She’s likely like ? right now lol.

Larss

Original Poster
Hi just a little update but today she looks a lot better. Her beard is almost it’s normal color and she is eating on her own with the promise of some meal worms. I am still pushing fluids because she has yet to drink on her own but overall almost her normal self.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news to hear she is starting to get back to normal. Give her some time,
bless her. Do they want to see her again soon, just for a check up to be sure she is
healing up well?
I hope her appetite comes back full force too! Keep us posted on her progress.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom