Stress in tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iannath44

I got my beardie about 2 weeks ago and I made some changes too the cold side of the tank, apparently she really likes the new additions because she only hangs out over there now, I moved her lamp over to that side and she seemed very stressed when I came home, so I moved it back to the original side and she still seems pretty stressed. whenever I get her out she seems fine, but she wants to sleep. She finds a dark spot in my room and passes out does anyone have answers I’ve never owned a beardie before and could use all the help I can get.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please get temps w/ a digital probe thermometer --- how old is the dragon? You need a long tube fixture for a UVB --- a Zoo Med-- Sunblaster or Arcadia fixture w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T5 bulb for a 40 + gallon tank -- if your dragon is a baby temps 105-110 if its a juvie / adult 95-100--- cool side of the tank 80's --- the dragon will go thru relocation stress and eating may be off but it should not quit eating all together --

Iannath44

Original Poster
111282-6333641116.jpg
111282-6211963543.jpg
Pictures of her temps on each side of the tank.
I was told she is a year old I have a UBV light for her I will post a picture of that too I was told it’s the right size for a 40 gal tank

Iannath44

Original Poster
111282-8520410205.jpg
I find her asleep in a dark spot and pick her up and put her in this blanket and she sleeps
(She’s not asleep in her tank when I first get home from work just laying there looking very stressed)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Post pics of her stress marks-- is the UVB a T 8 or T 5? Look on the bulb itself it will tell you

Iannath44

Original Poster
Its a T5
Now that she is sleeping her stress marks are almost completely gone they are on her stomach, also her beard gets a bit black, not completely just kinda on the sides but she doesn’t puff it out

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok I see you have a wide hole screen that T 5 distance should be 8-10 inches directly above the basking decor- how far is it now and do you have a piece of decor directly under it?

Iannath44

Original Poster
Her Basking log is about 12 inches away from the light, The new rock, that I mentioned earlier on the cool side is about 6 inches away. That is where she has been preferring to hangout instead of her Bask

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Something is off-- the 6" is too close for a T 5-- the 12" is too far away -- are you using any off white yellowish basking bulbs? Do you have the probe on the hammock where she would sit to bask?

Iannath44

Original Poster
She bask on the log, not the hammock the hammock is another option but she usually bask on her log pictured above,I’m not using off white they look fluorescent almost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom