Possible Heart Disease + yellow fungus + pneumonia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilio

Original Poster
Update!

Well Ori’s vet appointment went well. He removed most of the dead scales and she has some healthy skin underneath. He is happy with her progress. Said she seems stronger, monitored her and she didn’t cough or gulp once. Her appetite is great, weight is great, even her mobility has improved.

So we are stopping all meds And the nebulizer except for the fungal oral meds every other day and the terramycin on her skin with soaks every day or two. So yay!

We are slowly getting out of the woods. She is one tough cookie. Thanks for all your support and check ins. Hopefully this helps someone else going through similar issues. Beardies can be tough to figure out and there are such limited vet options. Your site at least gives us some hope and options when we’re in an emergency. ❤️?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is wonderful news, it does sound very positive that Ori is healing up so well. Reptiles do
take some time to fully recover. They are however, tough & very resilient, also.
Reduced meds right now which will definitely make her happy! That is a great plan to continue
the use of the terramycin. We are all pulling for her!
Keep us posted on her progress.

Tracie

Emilio

Original Poster
Update...
Our sweet girl Ori passed away tonight. She fought long and hard through so many issues we thought she was clear of everything. Had the vet check her twice do xrays and we got all good news and then the gurgling started up a little started her in the nebulizer again and she seemed ok, had a great spirit about her today but took a turn for the worst. Came down the stairs to find her head arched back and quickly declining, nothing was working rushed her to the vet ER and he pretty much was gone by the time we got there. :(

We tried everything to get this little lady back to health. We are heartbroken and will forever miss her.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry you lost little Ori, bless her. :cry: She fought a long time, too. I know you did everything you could
do & I know that she held on just to be with you. She will always be with you. I am truly sorry for your loss, nothing
is worse.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom