random bloating???

Status
Not open for further replies.

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
chester
Hello,

Chester, my bd has randomly started to bloat? I have gone over lighting with Tracie, and if anyone needs a recap of what I have it is: 12% t5 arcadia 24" and a UVB 100-watt basking bulb with uva both Bulbs are 3 months old, he has been eating well, etc but he did not poop yesterday and pooped a ton today. and we had a little construction outside can that be the cause? I gave him a bath while cleaning his tank he drank a good amount and I think that's when the bloating got bigger, after the bath I gave him 1/2-1ml of olive oil to help pass anything Foreign. ill post a pic tomorrow when he is awake and I have good lighting I'm hoping it will just last tonight I know it isn't impaction or a tumor because I can't feel anything in his stomach and I know it isn't parasites because we did a fecal two weeks ago and it came out negative please help! and thank you! :eek:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Chester looks good cant tell if hes bloated or not --- the UVB should be directly over him so I would get another piece of decor and place directly the UVB w/ a distance of 12-15 inches for a T 5--- what are you getting for temps in the middle of the tank? I would place that decor piece in the middle of tank under your UVB if you haft to move the UVB out a little I would do so --- how are you getting your basking temps ? I see only stick ons --- I would get a digital probe thermometer if you dont have any and place one on your cool side and one on the basking side --- take the probe set it on the place where he bask for 10 minutes get the temp--- you dont need to leave it there you can stick it to the side of the tank and spot check temps every now and then

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
yes sorry, I forgot to mention the wood log on the soil. I was messing around with it and originally it is directly under the UVB, I have a temp gun I use to see the basking temps in the middle of the tank is about 80-85, I don't have a probe thermometer I will look into buying one though!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok and you can use a regular household bulb like a 40-60 watt NO LEDS something that omits heat to get the middle of the tank to 90's --- just make sure your keeping an eye on the temp for the mid tank -- its getting summer now and I am having to shut my mid light off by afternoon as its getting too warm that mid tank will be like a second basking area for him and place the dome either in front of the UVB or behind it --

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
ok! i have an extra dome lamp I'm going to do that when I get home
thanks for the fast reply!

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
ok so false alarm he stopped bloating! he did not poop today though he just passed some water:? but'll update you tomorrow!

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Also sometimes they will inflate to ridiculous amounts where you think for sure they are going to pop but they just sit like that for a moment before hissing and releasing all the air in them. Mari goes into balloon mode when she’s in the bath, it’s kinda funny how big they can make themselves.

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
yea chess does that too sometimes, but I think he was so bloated because he did not poop :lol: hopefully, heal poop tom because he is not bloated anymore but still looks a bit chonky, ill update you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom