random bloating???

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

random bloating???

Postby chestermymunchkin » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:49 pm

Hello,

Chester, my bd has randomly started to bloat? I have gone over lighting with Tracie, and if anyone needs a recap of what I have it is: 12% t5 arcadia 24" and a UVB 100-watt basking bulb with uva both Bulbs are 3 months old, he has been eating well, etc but he did not poop yesterday and pooped a ton today. and we had a little construction outside can that be the cause? I gave him a bath while cleaning his tank he drank a good amount and I think that's when the bloating got bigger, after the bath I gave him 1/2-1ml of olive oil to help pass anything Foreign. ill post a pic tomorrow when he is awake and I have good lighting I'm hoping it will just last tonight I know it isn't impaction or a tumor because I can't feel anything in his stomach and I know it isn't parasites because we did a fecal two weeks ago and it came out negative please help! and thank you! :o
chestermymunchkin
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: random bloating???

Postby KarrieRee » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:45 am

Post a pic of Chester and his tank please
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on the XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby chestermymunchkin » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:15 am

[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
dont mind how mad he looks he just woke up :lol:
chestermymunchkin
Hatchling Poster

Postby chestermymunchkin » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:16 am

and also UVB has a reflector
chestermymunchkin
Hatchling Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:39 am

Chester looks good cant tell if hes bloated or not --- the UVB should be directly over him so I would get another piece of decor and place directly the UVB w/ a distance of 12-15 inches for a T 5--- what are you getting for temps in the middle of the tank? I would place that decor piece in the middle of tank under your UVB if you haft to move the UVB out a little I would do so --- how are you getting your basking temps ? I see only stick ons --- I would get a digital probe thermometer if you dont have any and place one on your cool side and one on the basking side --- take the probe set it on the place where he bask for 10 minutes get the temp--- you dont need to leave it there you can stick it to the side of the tank and spot check temps every now and then
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby chestermymunchkin » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:54 am

yes sorry, I forgot to mention the wood log on the soil. I was messing around with it and originally it is directly under the UVB, I have a temp gun I use to see the basking temps in the middle of the tank is about 80-85, I don't have a probe thermometer I will look into buying one though!
chestermymunchkin
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby KarrieRee » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:59 am

Ok and you can use a regular household bulb like a 40-60 watt NO LEDS something that omits heat to get the middle of the tank to 90's --- just make sure your keeping an eye on the temp for the mid tank -- its getting summer now and I am having to shut my mid light off by afternoon as its getting too warm that mid tank will be like a second basking area for him and place the dome either in front of the UVB or behind it --
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby chestermymunchkin » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:06 am

ok! i have an extra dome lamp I'm going to do that when I get home
thanks for the fast reply!
chestermymunchkin
Hatchling Poster

Postby chestermymunchkin » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:23 pm

ok so false alarm he stopped bloating! he did not poop today though he just passed some water:? but'll update you tomorrow!
chestermymunchkin
Hatchling Poster

Postby loljelloclowdz » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:21 pm

Also sometimes they will inflate to ridiculous amounts where you think for sure they are going to pop but they just sit like that for a moment before hissing and releasing all the air in them. Mari goes into balloon mode when she’s in the bath, it’s kinda funny how big they can make themselves.
Marijke - 50% red 50% yellow hypo het trans female w/ blue bars from Kids And Dragons
loljelloclowdz
Juvie Poster

Postby chestermymunchkin » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:27 pm

yea chess does that too sometimes, but I think he was so bloated because he did not poop :lol: hopefully, heal poop tom because he is not bloated anymore but still looks a bit chonky, ill update you!
chestermymunchkin
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER