Please tell me if my dragons eggs are fertile and alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeatherJ540

My female had a clutch of eggs which I caught her in the middle of having and even though I know I shouldn’t mess with her during this time I had to get in there to check on the eggs to make sure she wasn’t trampling then because she kept kicking them around trying to bury them. Anyway, she only had had 4 at that time so I went ahead and got them out and put them in the incubator and waited for her to have the rest, it’s a day later and needless to say I’m still waiting. I guess she’ll have the rest whenever she feels comfortable enough to have them. The eggs look good to me but this is my first time really dealing with my own so I could be completely wrong. I have noticed though, that there’s no visible veins in them and they do have a yellowish tint to them. When I candle them, I can see veins but it looks like busted veins. Is this normal? Are they un-fertile? I don’t want to keep them in the incubator hoping they’re alive when there not. I’d rather go ahead and get let down now instead of later on ya know?!
109358-8050804413.jpg
109358-9012078656.jpg
109358-2128467602.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Heather, it's too soon for you to tell but in a week it will be more evident. When they are first laid, fertile ones generally have a slight pinkish circle, the veins will branch out from there . So there are no veins yet that show fertility, once in a while there CAN be what looks like a small clump of veins right away or " blood spot " but that means nothing. So wait a week and then check again, and do it in a dark room with the penlight shining next to the egg , don't put the egg directly on the light though.

And one more thing please DON'T interfere with her laying. You may have disturbed her so she didn't continue to lay. It's like when people say " I know I shouldn't pull the shed off my beardie but it was taking too long. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom