Help with beardie asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeatherJ540

Someone please help me out here! I have 3 bearded dragons, 2 males (Fipp and Kipp) and a female (Lucy) the boys are about 3 years old and Lucy is about 2. I’ve noticed here recently that Fipps front foot was swollen a little. I didn’t think much of it I just thought maybe he hurt it trying to climb all over his tank. About a week after that I was looking and it was swollen like 3 times the normal size. It looks awful! He’s gotten to where he don’t want to walk and when I pick him up instead of frailing his arms and legs all around like he does until he gets situated he just keeps his legs and arms tucked up into his body, and that’s how he constantly stays. His color was vibrant and pretty but now he looks dull. I was about to leave two days ago and I went to put their salad in their tanks before I left and noticed that Fipp was in behind his hide on HIS BACK!! I instantly flipped him back over and picked him up and he was freezing although his heat light was on however I had just turned it on about 30 minutes prior. I don’t know what to do. I live in a little country rinky-dink town where there is no exotic animal vet and the closest one is about 6 hours away I believe. So I’m stuck being heart broken not knowing what’s wrong with Fipp and not knowing how much pain he’s in. Can someone, anyone, give me some insight to this?!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry your boy is not doing well right now. Do you have any pictures you can post
so we can see his condition? Are any other areas on him swollen, on other fingers, toes,
etc?
What type/brand of UVB lighting & supplementation do you use?
Is he housed alone?
It does sound like he is very critical so we need to figure out what is going on with him as quickly
as possible.
Tonight, try to keep him around 75---80 overnight, to help boost his immune system. Has he been
eating very well lately?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom