Please help concerned and confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluffytaco

I bought my beardie, Pete, a
111184-2717322130.jpg
111184-9712062031.jpg
4x2x2 because I wanted to try a bioactive enclosure, I was gonna buy the one on the biodudes website, but they were out of stock and I wanted to get my buddy all squared away, I did heaps of research before, but I’m still very inexperienced. He’s three weeks in and I noticed last night he’s got swollen feet and spot on his stomach I don’t think used to be there, and he’s not liking me getting near his feet, but he’ll take back pets. I’m gonna post pictures too but I’d really appreciate the community’s help to know if I have a real issue on my hands. (I’ve taken him out of his bioactive because I’m scared for him)
111184-7464448502.jpg
111184-2416203618.jpg
111184-9757812595.jpg
111184-7159848027.jpg
111184-6644208934.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It appears that he is getting ready to shed in those areas. Hopefully it isn't anything else going
on, but at the moment it just looks like shedding coming on.
He looks alert, overall right now.
What type of UVB lighting are you using?

Tracie

Fluffytaco

Original Poster
Drache613":2dwn6ser said:
Hello,

It appears that he is getting ready to shed in those areas. Hopefully it isn't anything else going
on, but at the moment it just looks like shedding coming on.
He looks alert, overall right now.
What type of UVB lighting are you using?

Tracie
I really don’t believe it is him shedding, I’ve gone through plenty of sheds with him and have never seen anything like this. He is very alert with has me have high hopes, but will be taking him to the vet if this persists, grows, or unless he sheds and looks healthy I guess. And I’m using zoo med 10.0 uvb bulbs (t5 ho), it’s only a 12 inch one but I was working on getting a larger one and I just replaced the bulb before this showed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom