Prolasped but went back in

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUStFoFUn

So I was giving my bearded dragon a bath keep in not yesterday I had just started feeding him large which I will now never do but he was in the bath and he started pooping so I was like okay so I was watching and something red started coming out behind and I already knew what it was because I have lost a bearded from this before and it was a very big poop at the end the prolapse came out it was out but it went back in thank god I was freaking out and I cannot bring him to the vet for personal reasons at the moment please do not be mad at me I’m scared for his next poop will it happen again? What should I feed him to make sure it doesn’t? What should I expect?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

This does happen sometimes, if they have an overly large stool, or, a harder than usual
urate. The main thing is that for now, it did not completely prolapse & retracted immediately.
Right now, go ahead & get some extra oral fluids to help in case he is dehydrated. Do you
give him calcium on a regular basis?

Tracie

JUStFoFUn

Original Poster
Drache613":120vtacp said:
Hello,

This does happen sometimes, if they have an overly large stool, or, a harder than usual
urate. The main thing is that for now, it did not completely prolapse & retracted immediately.
Right now, go ahead & get some extra oral fluids to help in case he is dehydrated. Do you
give him calcium on a regular basis?

Tracie
So he passed another poop this morning I don’t see him do it but it’s was big I just gave him another bath he passed another poop normal size maybe a bit big in like not long ness but BIgNESs while in the bath it came out just barley I believe unless that was more poop that went back in so I don’t know haven’t been giving him calcium daily but I will start and I have been spraying him a lot I can’t get him to drink from a BOWl should I buy a probiotic?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon today?
He may just need a bit more vegetation if his urates are a bit hard which will be difficult to
pass through. He does need calcium several times per week as an adult, too.
You can try using a dropper to drop some on the end of his nose to see if he will drink that
way. Unless he has been on meds, or seems to be having digestive issues he probably
does need a probiotic right now.

Tracie

JUStFoFUn

Original Poster
Drache613":9u3ttphb said:
Hello,

How is your dragon today?
He may just need a bit more vegetation if his urates are a bit hard which will be difficult to
pass through. He does need calcium several times per week as an adult, too.
You can try using a dropper to drop some on the end of his nose to see if he will drink that
way. Unless he has been on meds, or seems to be having digestive issues he probably
does need a probiotic right now.

Tracie
This morning we fed him some crickets with d3 calcium and yesterday I did the same but I also have him kale with vitamins on it he is shedding hoping that if I give him enough wet vegetables it will help I sprayed is nose someone’s he will drink it how much should he drink? Also should I buy a probiotic?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You can certainly get some probiotics for him, to give for a while in case he might be having
any digestive issues. They wont hurt him but would definitely balance out his system.
You can let him drink as much as he would like to, no problem. I'm glad he is eating his greens
so well right now & hopefully that will continue.
Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

JUStFoFUn

Original Poster
Drache613":r01g63zj said:
Hello,

You can certainly get some probiotics for him, to give for a while in case he might be having
any digestive issues. They wont hurt him but would definitely balance out his system.
You can let him drink as much as he would like to, no problem. I'm glad he is eating his greens
so well right now & hopefully that will continue.
Keep us posted on him.

Tracie
Okay well I look when I get him more crickets he had been okay the new uvb light came today so that’s good I still have to check his gender how could I do that the guy I bought him from told me he thinks it’s a Male this was a couple of months ago so I stuck by that but I would like to make sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom