Juvinile beardie will not eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nic818181

Original Poster
Thank you will do so. I have ordered some silk worms which been told are great. Have also ordered critical care

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok we'll get the UVB straighted out and go from there-- make sure your basking temps are up to par as well--- NO ENEMAS at the vet please! Take a poop sample in

Nic818181

Original Poster
OK thanks. I am reluctant to give any more medication or anything like that . If need a smple they will have to wait until I can get one.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes-- you don't want them to give him a enema they often end up in disaster

Nic818181

Original Poster
Hiya wanted to give an update. Saw the vet and he said she is good body condition. He said she is still putting on weight although not as much as she was. He gave her baytum for coccidia and said that will be a cause of not eating. She has another dose in two weeks time. I am to keep feeding her as normal and seeing if she will eat. Keep weighing her to check her weight. Hoping now had this medicine she will start eating and feeling better again.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Did he test a fecal for the parasite or just give the med to give? The medication side effects is usually loss of appetite-- so dont be surprised if your dragon wont eat -- and make sure he stays hydrated another side effect of medications

Nic818181

Original Poster
He had the results of the last fecal test done a couple of weeks ago. Thank you. Will do. I am keeping diary of what she eats and going to keep putting her in a bath and putting a bit of water on her snout, she tends to lick it off. Any other way she won't touch, she doesn't tend to drink in Bath or by syringe.
The vet said it was the baytum yesterday and in 2 weeks again and then get a fecal 6 weeks after that to see if it has worked. I have to keep weighing her each week.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If she is eating salads that is a good way for moisture -- rinse before serving --- if she goes off the food including the salads you can syringe feed the water BUT you MUST DO IT VERY SLOWLY -- you dont want her to aspirate -- let her swallow what you put in little at a time - - give like a 1/2 ml at a time and I would do it 2-3 times per day -- if shes licking the water off her snout feed her the water that way --- let her lick it off til she stops --

Nic818181

Original Poster
She has spent the past 4 days not eating salad, greens etc :( the vet recommended certain baby food which has done. She has not been to the toilet in a week. Not sure whether it's because not eaten very much ? Her routine is have some greens and then go, but as not touching the greens she's not going. Any advice? Trying baths. Thanks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Try some canned pumpkin feed till she goes to the bathroom--- she still on the meds thats going to effect the appetite ---

Nic818181

Original Poster
Thank you. Will try that. She's been eating a tiny bit of baby food and seems a bit fatter today if that makes sense. Hoping will go to loo soon.

Nic818181

Original Poster
Today finally she ate 6 medium dubia roaches ? really hoping a positive sign and she will continue.
She loves sitting outside so my husband made her a platform with a basking light and we tried feeding her the dubia and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom