Azalea Ingested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
How toxic are azaleas to reptiles? My beardie ate about .2g of leaves. He's ~460g, and I don't have any activated charcoal on hand, neither do my neighbors. I hope not to offend anyone. I would be going out and getting some right now instead of making a post but I have a final test for a class which I will automatically fail if I miss it. Thank you for understanding.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They are somewhat toxic, how is he acting?
Do you have any parsley, cilantro, mint, oregano & basil? Just a couple of them would be
fine. Blend them up with some water to make a paste & then using a plastic dropper or a
syringe get some into her, a couple of times per day.
They can help detoxify the system a bit.
Let us know how he is doing!

Tracie

ChungusaurusRex

Original Poster
Hi, thank you, I offered him some of the green slush and he's taking to it. He seems to be doing okay :) Just in case somebody with the same issue comes across this, I turned his heat lamp off to try and slow down digestion until I was able to get some act. charcoal a few hours after. I'm not sure if it made a difference but I hope it helped.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great to hear he is doing ok! Slowing down his metabolism a bit until you could get
some activated charcoal may have helped to slow down any side effects from ingestion. Once
you got the charcoal into him, increasing the temperatures back up should be helpful. I am glad
he didn't mind the greens slurry for a bit.

Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom