Do I give up or wait it out? (Sudden death?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pentexinhifi

My Beardie (Female) was dealing with stomach parasites. The past 2 weeks she was acting weird so last week I took her to the vet and they gave me medication for her. Today I got back from work and she was sitting on her hammock, like usual, breathing normally, being curious about every movement in my room like usual. I was on my computer and heard her move, so I looked behind me and she was walking down her log, layed below the log, kinda dug a tiny bit, and rested on her stomach.

She's done this before so I ignored it, as it didn't raise a single alarm. I went downstairs and made food, left her alone for probably around 45 minutes to an Hour. I went in my room to check on her and she was completely still, with her mouth slightly open and it was covered in sand. I pet her slowly, to see if she'd open her eyes to react, but nothing. I picked her up and she was completely motionless and not breathing. It's been 2 hours since then and her body hasn't gone stiff once, she's still limp and wobbly.

She hasn't ate a single thing for 2 days no matter what I tried, and she'd have diarrhea twice a day. I gave her the medications like how I was supposed to, spent over 600$ to make her habitat as perfect as physically possible, took her out regularly, played guitar for her which always made her smile, so I am hoping it wasn't something I messed up on.

I dont know what happened at all in that hour or anything, is this some behavior I just don't know about or do I give up and bury her. I don't want to accept she's gone so I've been frantically checking ever corner of the internet to see if I can do anything. Is she actually dead? Is this some weird hibernation type thing Beardies do? I just need to know soon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Very sad, I am sorry you are going through this.
You mentioned she was not breathing, do you see her sides go in & out at all?
Are her eyes sunken in or open/closed?
It definitely doesn't sound good. What medication was given to her recently?

Tracie

pentexinhifi

Original Poster
She has passed on. Her sides weren't moving at all, she was completely stiff this morning with dry blood around her nose and mouth. Burying her tomorrow

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry you lost your girl has passed, that is never easy at all. :cry:

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom