Beardie Expelling Air???

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon is 10 years old. He won't chase crickets any more, but will gently eat them off my hands. Yesterday I fed him 14 of them, and a 15th one escaped into his viv.

Today he keeps making this noise that seems to be a cross between burping and just expelling air. His beard is partially black. Other than that, he seems normal. Indigestion? Ideas? Should I be concerned?

PastelBeardie2

Original Poster
OK, I gave him a long bath, and the (burping? hiccups?) seems to have stopped. His beard is semi-black. I checked his temps, and the warm side was down to 85. I started up the air conditioner the other day, and it's about 7-8 feet from his viv, so this is probably the reason. I bumped up the heat a little, and will keep an eye on it. Fingers crossed.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I do see them do that after big meals (and sometimes what seems to be at random). The black beard might be due to the temps. It's good that you caught that and adjusted them. It can be tough to maintain the temps during seasonal changes sometimes.

PastelBeardie

Juvie Member
Thank you for the reply. He took a huge poo, and now he's back to normal. I won't feed him that many crickets at once any more, even if he wants to keep eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom