New beardie adoption but has a booboo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chloepd7

Hello guys!
111111-5828710995.jpg
111111-5828710995.jpg
I’m adopting a bearded dragon in a few days named Ozzie. He’s a very good boy and he is coming from a good home but they have just informed me that he developed this little blister thing on his back. He’s been otherwise very healthy and he is still active. His current owner took him to the vet and they are doing some tests though the results are not back yet. They sent him home with antibiotic cream and a little wash for a soak. There may have been some issues with humidity and or heat in his old home but moving to my home I’m sure I have that right. Just wanted to make sure what ever he has here is no serious and should go away before I pick him up.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Have you gotten Ozzie yet, or will you be getting him this week?
It looks somewhat like a burn to me? Maybe try to have some raw, unpastuerized honey
on hand in case it needs some treatment. It helps with warding off infection.
It could be a burn from the basking light possibly, not sure. The antibiotic cream should be
good to use then, hopefully that will help out.
Remember, reptiles heal slowly so it probably wont be fully healed by the time you bring him
home though but should be healing up.
Let us know how he adjusts to his new home. Be sure to post more pictures of him once he
is in his tank.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom