Yellow Spot on Bearded Dragon's Back Toe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitkats

Hey, guys! My bearded dragon, Ryū, has a yellow spot on both of her two back feet. I'm not quite sure what it is. I'd like someone else's input though, before I start to assume and freak out :? She has no other discoloration on her body, too. She did begin shedding about 1-2 weeks ago; she is very, very active because of it. She is still eating a good portion of her greens, crickets, and worms. I changed her UVB light recently, so it's fresh. She has her heat lamp, as well. Temps are all normal. She hasn't lost weight either. She poops daily.

I did try to scrub both feet, and some of 'it' came off. This is what is left over, just a slight yellow hue to the scales. I'm not sure if she accidentally stepped in her poo and now it's stained, but she lives in a very sanitary environment. I clean her poo up daily.

I also included a couple of photos of the spots in question:
111086-8718439675.jpg
111086-6069367612.jpg
111086-9552733325.jpg

Thank you so much!!

It could be yellow fungus disease or CANV. It can happen to perfectly healthy beardies at any time. You can get an antifungal cream for them from vets.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like shed to me as well. Look out for slight swelling along the fingers and toes that are affected, then the skin will break loose and the new skin underneath should look normal and the swelling will reduce. If you start to see signs of damage like scabbing or open wounds, then post back with new photos. Otherwise it's probably just shedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom