Bearded dragon stressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashmomma95

So I recently rescued a beardie friday. He was in a 20 gallon tank with no proper lighting. I got a new tank, proper lighting and bigger tank (40 gal). I put my beardie in the tank and at first he was okay. But now he’s really black. Attacking items in his cage and nodding his head up and down and opening his mouth. It’s making me really nervous and I’m worried he will always be this way because I placed him a new cage. Does anyone have any advice on what to do? I’m afraid to pick him up now because I’m not wanting him to bite me. Any help would be most helpful. First time having a bearded dragon so I’m just nervous.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It sounds like the lighting or heating is probably affecting him....but, not sure.
Can you review the type/brand of the UVB lighting with us & what type of thermometer
you are using?
The temperatures are very important. If he is getting too hot he may get stressed.
Keep working with him, make sure his tank is not too hot. You can post some pictures
of him, along with the tank setup so we can take a look at everything.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom