Beardie Dragging Arm, any advice please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon started dragging his right arm and I think it looks a little swollen. There seems to be a little shedding on the underside, but he doesn’t seem like he can move it well. He is primarily walking with his other 3 legs and laying around a lot. I am planning to go to a vet but they do not open until tomorrow so I am looking for any advice that I could use in the mean time? Thank you in advance!
109321-6138212043.jpg
109321-435454967.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It sounds like he may have injured it somehow. Do you have a hammock by chance that
he could have caught his arm in?
What type/brand of UVB light are you using?
We can review your tank setup with you to be sure it is all setup properly for him. Even though
he is an adult, he still needs calcium several times per week.
How is his appetite doing?

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Any updates for us today on your dragon?
Let us know how things are going for him & on his progress.

Tracie

Autumnadele

Original Poster
Thank y’all for replying! I took him to a vet Monday morning and he thoroughly checked him but also claimed that it is an injury that is causing the inflammation and discomfort. They gave my beardie an anti inflammatory injection and did laser therapy and told me to follow up in a few days to see if his situation is improving. Sadly, I do not think it is improving but is instead getting worse. His hand seems to be more puffy and swollen than before and he is still not using it to move around. His appetite has not changed, however, and I have just been hand feeding him while he recovers. I plan to call the vet again tomorrow to see if I can take him back in and if there is anything else we can check/do.

Autumnadele

Original Poster
109321-347937881.jpg

Picture for reference of his swollen hand ☹️ He doesn’t seem to be bothered besides not using it and I haven’t noticed any inflammation on any other limb, but I am still worried for my beardie baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom