Just as I suspected a year ago...my baby has gout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pmunko

Hey everyone, I'm having a really horrible time right now.

A year ago, we noticed one of Petunias feet were swollen so we took her to the vet. They did blood work, and 400 dollars later told me "everything looked fine". I was sent off with anti biotics and that was that. For a while, there was no more swelling on any of her limbs. The one foot stayed large and the rest of her seemed fine.

Now a year later more of her limbs are swelling and it looks so much worse. Took her to the ER again today and, what a shock, my original suspicion was confirmed and they said she probably has gout.:(

To top if off, hey said they don't have experience with gout and refused to give me an allopurinol prescription. Some exotic vet right?

Anyway, I'm just looking for help ASAP. I love Petunia so much and I'm so scared for her, especially if this condition has been "undiagnosed" for so long.

If anyone can help me please reach out. I need her to be okay ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Paul,

How is your girl doing today? She does have gout symptoms & the swelling is definitely
there. I think you can get that taken care of though, just keep the protein levels low to
moderate to help with her uric acid levels & kidneys.
Keep up with the black/tart cherry juice extract also, to help flush out her kidneys.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom