What’s in her belly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
111034-4257244817.jpg

So my vet seems to think she has become egg bound and is recommending surgery. She’s not got much of an appetite won’t eat any greens and sleeps nearly all day. I’m just hoping that there are some experts here who could provide some advice and insight. TIA

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It appears that there are some eggs there but the resonance isn't real high. I will try to look
at them more clearly tomorrow in better light.
Has she ever laid any eggs before? That could be some shells broken off possibly, but not
sure.
How long has she not been eating?

Tracie

MyBabyFaith

Original Poster
Drache613":ma8h8th8 said:
Hello,

It appears that there are some eggs there but the resonance isn't real high. I will try to look
at them more clearly tomorrow in better light.
Has she ever laid any eggs before? That could be some shells broken off possibly, but not
sure.
How long has she not been eating?

Tracie

She’s doing okay but just won’t touch greens. They gave me green critical care to sprinkle on top of them in hopes that it would entice her. She would eat 3-5 blueberries a day if I’d let her but I give her maybe 2-3 a week. She ate some discoid on Wednesday and 3 supers yesterday after I tried the roaches, which she snubbed. She’ll eat a strawberry here and there. I have a spay surgery scheduled for Friday, I’m praying it helps things and she gets through it okay.

She been like this mostly since I got her from her last owner in February. But it continues to slowly decrease.

I noticed that she has a pinkish/reddish color to the urinate. They did run a stool sample and it came back wit moderate pin worms so she will be starting the antibiotic Monday.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing?
Did you mean that the vet appointment is this coming friday, to get her spayed?
Has she eaten anything at all or has she still had a reduced appetite?
Which antibiotic did they give for you to start her on, is that for the pinworms?
I hope that everything goes well for her. This type of surgery is pretty routine for a vet
who has experience with spaying.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

MyBabyFaith

Original Poster
Drache613":ombre72h said:
Hello,

How is your girl doing?
Did you mean that the vet appointment is this coming friday, to get her spayed?
Has she eaten anything at all or has she still had a reduced appetite?
Which antibiotic did they give for you to start her on, is that for the pinworms?
I hope that everything goes well for her. This type of surgery is pretty routine for a vet
who has experience with spaying.

Thank you for asking. She is doing okay, just so unbelievably lazy. She mostly just stays in one place in her viv and only really peps up when I get home each day. When u take her out she will lay on me or the bed and fall back asleep.

As for the appointment it’s scheduled for Friday for her to have the spay done. My vet comes highly recommended in my area and said they have some over 10 spays on Chameleons and beardie’s over the last few months.

As far as her eating, she’s being very stubborn. I have discoids, supers and offer salad daily with green critical care on it. She has not touched a salad in almost 2 weeks. She’ll eat an occasional strawberry or blueberry (she’d eat these every day if I allowed it) but that’s it for salads. As for feeders, I was able to get her to eat 4-6 small roaches last week and she will readily eat supers every day.

I see posts all the time about these active and inquisitive beardie’s and I feel like I’m doing something wrong/she’s sick bc she’s nothing like that.

Her temps are good she has a 36” t5 in a 4x2x2 enclosure. I bring her outside for at minimum 30 minutes every other day. I just don’t know what I’m doing wrong if anything. ?

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom