Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xCBUAx

Hello!!

Has anyone had this problem? ~1 y/o female hiding/ refusing non feeder food, no interest in basking, very smelly, watery poops. Vet confirmed no parasites with a float test and told me to pick up some pro biotic and re submit another fecal in 2 weeks. Thank you all in advance!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please go over the UVB brand and bulb tube or coil? Basking temps what are they are how are you taking them? NO stickons please and NO coils for UVB --- EXTREMELY important -- the fecal was done by a float test ? Not sure on that one --- what is the diet? the lighting I just asked about is all causes of what you just stated ---

xCBUAx

Original Poster
I have an Arcadia 12 36” tube my basking temps are right around 110-115 measured using a probe thermometer and my cold side is 83-79 also measured with a probe thermometer. He did the test with the vial and the float fluid- he sent me pics of the process. She is on a variety of supers dubia and bsfl for insects, and dandelion greens, mustard greens and fresh veg every few days.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The temp is too hot -- basking temps for a baby should be 105-110 --- no hotter - juvie / adult 95-100-- the Arcadia is where ? top of tank ? screen fine mesh or wide hole type? the Arcadia is a real good bulb -- placement and distance is key here tho -- what is the temp in the middle of the tank? you want 3 temps -- basking middle 90's and cool side 80's during the day --

xCBUAx

Original Poster
I have a 4x2 wooden enclosure I build. The bulb is mounted on the inside roof of the enclosure. About 22-20 inches away because of substrate fluctuations. The middle temp is 89

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The UVB is too far away -- it needs to be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor -- please get it adjusted and then watch the behavior and poops --- I would try and get your middle of the tank in the 90's --- and get a piece of decor there as well so they can sit there - you can use a regular household bulb the old style NO LEDS use a 40 or 60 watt to get the temp up -- I have a 2 basking areas for my two one w/ the UVB temps in the 90's and then the hot basking side that has a gradient heat 93-108

xCBUAx

Original Poster
KarrieRee":pai26dsy said:
The UVB is too far away -- it needs to be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor -- please get it adjusted and then watch the behavior and poops --- I would try and get your middle of the tank in the 90's --- and get a piece of decor there as well so they can sit there - you can use a regular household bulb the old style NO LEDS use a 40 or 60 watt to get the temp up -- I have a 2 basking areas for my two one w/ the UVB temps in the 90's and then the hot basking side that has a gradient heat 93-108

I have a CHE I use for the temps at night and for the temps in the middle of the enclosure. I lowered her uvb, and I don't know if its correlated, but she's been trying to scratch a hole in the garden pot she has as a hide lol

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
When did she start the scratching in the pot? How old is she? Is she trying to dig? Or just scratch as if to find a place to sleep?

xCBUAx

Original Poster
She is about a year onld, and she has been digging/burrowing in her enclosure pretty frequently starting about 2 weeks ago. I was thinking she was gravid at first, but I think she might be too young

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
have you felt for eggs? She may be going to lay eggs--- you can try setting up a dig box for her
LAYBOX
potting soil that doesn't have any type of
chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & that
the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to
have standing water.

xCBUAx

Original Poster
110339-4971701135.jpg
110339-2259227513.jpg

I don't know if this helps, but i was able to take these pics. and i will make a lay box for her tonight and see what she does.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
She looks like she has lots of stress marks -- I see a gauge for temps but you need one w/ a probe on it -- the basking is the hammock ? If so you need to take the probe and place it on the hammock for correct basking temps - the one in the tank is giving ambient temps--- just from looking at her she looks really small -- please post a pic of all of her and the lighting in the tank so we can see all of it

xCBUAx

Original Poster
110339-685221488.jpg
110339-5805459665.jpg
110339-805456900.jpg

Here are some pics. I use the Probe for all my temps, but the digital for quickly checking on her body temp. She has always been on the small side, but i weighed her and she was 276g at about 15 inches.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok looking at her I am going to have AHBD take a look at her shes more familiar w/ eggs and such -- can she fit in the plant pot you have in the tank? You might want to get a bigger pot or a different hide for her -- something thats bigger --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom