Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xCBUAx

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2haeoz12 said:
Ok looking at her I am going to have AHBD take a look at her shes more familiar w/ eggs and such -- can she fit in the plant pot you have in the tank? You might want to get a bigger pot or a different hide for her -- something thats bigger --

I am planning on getting her a bigger on shortly, i just gotta go to Walmart

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, has she been in the bio tank as long as you've had her ? If this is new to her [ sorry if I missed that point ] then it could be relocation stress. Digging is a totally natural behavior so that in itself is not a problem. I doubt she has eggs but if she does she can find a place to lay them in her substrate. Just be sure that it's not too hot and everything else should be fine. Offer oral hydration with a spray bottle or give her a 10 minute lukewarm shallow soak once a week to give her a drink. BTW, have you checked to be sure that all of the plants are non toxic ?

xCBUAx

Original Poster
AHBD":2qjdqt5u said:
Hi there, has she been in the bio tank as long as you've had her ? If this is new to her [ sorry if I missed that point ] then it could be relocation stress. Digging is a totally natural behavior so that in itself is not a problem. I doubt she has eggs but if she does she can find a place to lay them in her substrate. Just be sure that it's not too hot and everything else should be fine. Offer oral hydration with a spray bottle or give her a 10 minute lukewarm shallow soak once a week to give her a drink. BTW, have you checked to be sure that all of the plants are non toxic ?

Hey!

And shes about 2.5 months in on the bio set up, and yep! All the plants are non-toxic to her. I will be sure in the future to provide more baths for her in the future. If it is relocation stress, would it be possible for her to do great in the tank, and then start acting up? I only ask because she was doing really good in the tank for a decently long time before she started acting funny.

Thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K, that rules out relocation stress. It may be that she ate some of the rougher substrate , giving her a bit of belly ache. Otherwise if it's not parasites it could just be a phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom