Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicolove

My beardies one year old his lights and diet are all spot on very healthy he was fine this morning but I just found him laying in a weird position with a very black beard and eyes barely open. He’s breathing I think he may have fallen but the log is only a few inches so maybe hurt himself going after an insect, what should I do to make sure he’s ok? There’s no exotic vet within 100 miles of me.
He was cold from being away from his lights and he seems extremely lethargic. I’m holding him on my chest right now to warm him and I don’t want to check him out much until he moves or responds. I don’t understand. His breathing is steady but he’s almost acting dead otherwise. Please help

Nicolove

Original Poster
Update, I gave him a warm bath, he squirmed a little bit that’s it. He usually thrashes and tries to escape randomly. Then I wrapped him in a towel he pooped on me a good normal poop good urate. He’s laying not moving much still black beard eyes half closed. Yesterday he ran laps around my living room supervised and very himself. This morning he was standing proud u set his basking light. I don’t know what to do ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please tell me what your using for a UVB and where in the tank is it? Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them ? NO stick ons and NO coils for a UVB

Nicolove

Original Poster
I’m on my way to a vet now finally found someone who would see him last minute. He has aT10 long tube I can’t think right now but it came recommended by almost everyone here, temps range from 95-105 in basking area 70-77 side three probe thermometers. Tile floor no substrate he gets multi vitamin and calcium couple times a week

Must emphasize this was sudden he’s been great

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
NO ENEMAS AT THE VET ------- the T 5 or T 8 ? Its on the bulb placement and distance is key here to him not eating and being lethargic ---the UVB is how old it needs to be changed out once a year for a T 5 and 6 months for a T 8

Nicolove

Original Poster
My mistake t5 12% 36 inchbulb6-12” from his different perches the bulb was replaced 3 months ago

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The UVB is too close it needs to be 12-15 inches directly above his basking decor and inside the tank for a fine mesh like a screen door or 10-12 for a wide holed type on top of screen-- had he been basking under it?

Nicolove

Original Poster
No it’s placed toward the back of the tank so it’s 12 inches 18 inches from the floor and about 11 inches from his logs and his basking is actually towards the front so he doesn’t actually bask under it, I was thinking how it has reflectors and can reach his entire tank with rays I believe but it’s not actually over the bask perch.
It’s also wide holes screen and on top of screen

I’m at the vets now

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would say he's not getting enough uvb-- I would leave it on top but move it directly over him so it shining downward on him 8-10 inches above that decor piece-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom