Lethargy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!
It's been a very long time since I've had to reach out to the bearded dragon community for help in regards to health concerns, and as kind as you all are, I was really hoping I wouldn't have to come back!! No such luck, lol.

My 9 month old bearded dragon Maisie has seemed to lost all desire to eat. She spends a good majority of her time under her hide on the cool side of her tank. This has been going on for about 6 days, maybe? Typically, she eats superworms, collard greens, and red bell pepper (although admittedly she does have a pretty hard time eating her vegetables). I've been really thinking hard about what could've caused the change in her appetite, because she's always been a really good eater. Recently I rearranged my bedroom and I moved her tank across the room, so light is hitting her tank a bit differently right now. I hear some beardies are sensitive to things like that. Also, I noticed that in her live feeders bin, a lot of the superworms seem to be dying. I didn't throw the whole bin away right then because it was pretty expensive. When I first noticed her acting strange, she was eating and went to pick up a worm, bit into it once, and then immediately spit it out. And while I've never fed her a dead insect, but I'm wondering if maybe the live worms living among all the dead ones somehow they could've made her sick? I don't know, I feel like I'm grasping at straws here. Not sure how to encourage her to eat moving forward.
109221-6010633591.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The UVB fixture does it have a reflector in it? If not I recommend getting one--- this could be a good reason shes not eating --- the reflector will reflect the UVB rays downward toward her and intensify the rays of which you want -- how old is the bulb - its a T 8 I am thinking -- if it is and its over 6 months old its expired -- the distance for it should be 6-8 inches directly over the basking decor --- the super worms I would get rid of all the dead ones and put the lives ones in a clean container w/ fresh bran -- and hydration like a carrot ------ basking temps? what are they and how are you taking them? I see no gauges -- temps should be taken w/ a digital probe --- IR guns will not give a accurate temp off the hammock

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can I ask what type of bedding or feed you are giving your superworms? Normally, they are
extremely easy to keep & live a very long time in worm stages. Are you providing moisture
sources for them?
As Karrie suggests, temperatures are very important for overall health & activity. Are you giving
supplementation for her?
For now, until you figure out what could be going on, try to keep her a little warmer overnight,
usually around 75-80 to help boost her immune system.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom