Please help he won’t eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megan13

Okay so I’ve had my dragon for a little over a year he has always been a good eater and for some reason a little over a week ago he just stopped eating I’ve given him a bath or 2 and got him to drink water but he won’t eat not even with the worm in his face moving around he is not active I’ve googled everything but this is my first dragon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What are the dragons basking temps and how are you taking them? NO stick ons please--- next the UVB what are you using? NO coils -- they are inadequate----- we always go over lighting first ---- this controls the over all health and behavior in the dragon

Megan13

Original Poster
KarrieRee":nvvyjjou said:
What are the dragons basking temps and how are you taking them? NO stick ons please--- next the UVB what are you using? NO coils -- they are inadequate----- we always go over lighting first ---- this controls the over all health and behavior in the dragon

I’m using 150 watt bulb and a night one the lamps that sit on top of the cage ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please NO colored bulbs ---- the 150 watt bulb is a bright white bulb? And where is the UVB? Or is the 150 watt a MVB --- brand and bulb of each that your using ----- this is imperative

Megan13

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3u5s3uzl said:
Please NO colored bulbs ---- the 150 watt bulb is a bright white bulb? And where is the UVB? Or is the 150 watt a MVB --- brand and bulb of each that your using ----- this is imperative

No it’s not the colored ones it’s a regular white one

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You need a UVB---- one bright white basking bulb is good but the dragon is not eating --- the dragon is not able to absorb the calcium / synthesize it -- your dragon is developing MBD -- w/ out a UVB they will not live --- you need to get a 24" fixture like this https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-high-output-terrarium-hood this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb hang on to it for a back up distance and placement is different from the one you need
you need this bulb 22" https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-100-uvb-high-output-bulbs
Distance and placement is crucial please let me know when you get this and it needs to be ordered ASAP -- your dragon will not eat w/ out it --- hes getting sicker by the day --

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Also what are the basking temps ? How are you taking them? They need to be 95-100 and taken w/ a digital probe thermometer

Megan13

Original Poster
KarrieRee":g1olgxtx said:
Also what are the basking temps ? How are you taking them? They need to be 95-100 and taken w/ a digital probe thermometer

Okay I am ordering one now thank you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Make sure basking temps are what I posted please and you have a digital probe thermometer- let me know when you get the UVB I will help you get it placed in the tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom