Mouth rot in female dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

SashaBellaLily

I need help. The only herp vet within a 100 mile radius cannot see my Bella until the end of May. She has mouth rot and will not eat because it hurts. I saw all kinds of recommendations on YouTube and they all were different.
If it is up to me to save Bella's life, what antibiotic should I give and what else can I do to help her? I 'm fine with giving injections as my daughter has been on Lovenox for years.
I am not new to Beardies, as we have had them over a decade, but we are new to mouth rot. I love this girl so much and I don't want to lose her. She is so awesome.

Thank you. Rebecca

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Rebecca, when did you notice the mouth rot and when did she stop eating ? Can you post some pics of her mouth ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

You can use a diluted betadine solution and if there is gunk on her teeth try to scrape it off using a small sharpened popsicle stick.

SashaBellaLily

Original Poster
Her bottom jaw changed color and turned brownish and slightly goopy. She ate hornworms for a while, but now it hurts too much. I am just giving her REPTiBOOST with a dropper now.
I have to get up at 4 am tomorrow, but I wlll try to get some pics when I get home. I am a high school teacher.
I can't lose this girl. She is my emotional support animal, counselor, cuddler, and everything sweet.
I adore her.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

We are looking forward to seeing pictures of your girl!
You can also try using a soft toothbrush to help brush the teeth & gums, gently to help with
built up plaque. You could use a diluted betadine solution or a diluted listerine solution, also.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom