URGENT: BEARDIE ATE A CATERPILLAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynesta

Hello I had my beardie outside on a leash and he ate a caterpillar before I could see it. I live in North Carolina (East Coast). I believe he ate an Eastern Tent Caterpillar ( I will include a picture of it). I have an emergency kit with activated charcoal. Will I need to use it? The exotic vet I go to is closed and they don’t open until Wednesday. I am planning on taking him soon to get a fecal done because I’ve been seeing a little blood in his feces. He’s eaten other bugs outside and I worry he has parasites again. I feel so awful he’s done this so many times I should’ve learned my lesson the first time.What do I do? Thank you for the help I really appreciate it.
92079-6814604788.jpg
**Edit: My beardie weighs 457 grams. My activated charcoal recommends giving 0.4-0.8 mL/cc per 100g of body weight. How much should I give him, if any? I read a similar post about a beardie eating a tent caterpillar and it seemed ok. Should I give it to him just in case?

**Edit 2: I ended up giving him 1ml of the activated charcoal just in case. I will monitor him the rest of today. Should I give him anything else that will help his body pass it? I have bee pollen, probiotic powder, and psyllium powder. Should I give him some water? Right now he’s basking under his light and looks fine. I’ll update is he is looking unwell.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, they are not poisonous to pets or chickens so your dragon should be fine ! It's good that you took proactive measures just in case but everything should be O.K. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom