Beardie "coughing" as if to cough something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came back from school today to my bearded dragon being fine and I noticed nothing out of the ordinary - I fed him and a couple hours later his lights turned off for him to go to sleep.

about 30 mins after that, I heard a strange sound from his viv that sounded like he was trying to spit something out. i took him out and he tensed his belly and tried to spit / cough something out multiple times and a audible "upchuck" sound could be heard ( at least that's what it looked/sounded like). any help? he's never done anything like this and hasn't been out of the ordinary for the past days. i also opened his mouth and i could see some foamy/ small bubbles in the back of his throat...

he's gone to bed now and hasn't made any new sounds - he does seem to be breathing faster but im not 100% on that. please help.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Possible RI --- please check again in the morning for the bubbles etc --post a pic -- in the mean time go over the basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? NO stick ons please and really important UVB what are you using a coil or a tube? where in the tank is it?

WideEyedBass

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2hcb8ifo said:
Possible RI --- please check again in the morning for the bubbles etc --post a pic -- in the mean time go over the basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? NO stick ons please and really important UVB what are you using a coil or a tube? where in the tank is it?

Day temps:

Basking temp: 30-32 C and maybe gets to 33C on a hot day
middle of the tank: 26-7 C
Cool side: 26 C also

Night temps:
26C

(all digital thermometers that I know read well)

the UVB is a new Tube that has been in for about 2 months, every 6 months I change it. it is located at the top of the tank at the back

- just as a side note he is about 5 approaching 6 years old previously from a smokers home. but the thing that stumps me is that this is completely out of the blue as he hasn't been showing any adverse symptoms. just the 30 mins after his lights turned off... just checked to see how he is doing, hes sleeping fine and breathing seems to be stable and similar to his usual pace

WideEyedBass

Original Poster
KarrieRee":x0x2zvyu said:
Does your uvb have a reflector on it? And it's a T 5 or T 8?

No reflector - I am unsure of the type, something's telling me T5 but I cannot say for certain.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok you need one- at this point your UVB rays are going all over thank tank--- look on the bulb please it will tell.you brand and bulb--- this is very important distance and placement

WideEyedBass

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3jikq9ty said:
Ok you need one- at this point your UVB rays are going all over thank tank--- look on the bulb please it will tell.you brand and bulb--- this is very important distance and placement
I will be able to look at the type in the morning because I dont want to risk waking him up its 11:44 pm for me currently. I've never seen that you need a uvb reflector for bearded dragons before?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It reflects the rays downward toward him and intensifies the rays which is what you want and he needs -- you can get a reflector from here but you need the bulb T 5 or a T8 --- then after you get that situated depending on the bulb it has certain requirements for distance ---
https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom