sores/scabs on bearded dragons feet, elbows, and below beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi a couple days ago I found the sore like patches on my bearded dragon's feet and progressively I have found it on their elbows and below their beard, what is it? and what can I do about it?
110973-1579881753.jpg
110973-6335598682.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What are you using for a substrate? UVB ? Is he shedding in other parts of the body?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so it might be the tiles --- are you using a slated ceramic tile that is real coarse? And the UVB is a good one - do you have it inside the tank or top of screen ?

ZappierFour50

Original Poster
No we are using a ceramic tile but its not coarse, the UVB is on top of a screen but I remember we got one with wider holes so that is could pass through.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so I am going to have Tracie or AHBD look at the post so they can see what it is

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Is there anything sharp that he could be rubbing up against perhaps?
Have you measured the temperatures of the tiles to be sure there aren't any spots that are
warmer than other spots?
If he climbs up & down a rock, etc sometimes they can scrape up their scales to some extent,
if they are repetitive at the motion.
It could be possible bites of some type. What insects do you feed him & do you feed him in
his tank?

For now, you can get some raw, unpasteurized honey to put on those areas but make sure
there aren't any insects in the tank that would be attracted to the honey.

Tracie

ZappierFour50

Original Poster
Yes I think she was hurting herself on something trying to dig, because she laid some infertile eggs last night. She's about a year old, Is there anything I should do? Should I take her to a vet? I thought she was impacted at first because she wasn't eating. I feed her Dubia Roaches.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

OH poor girl, so she did lay some infertile eggs then?
For those raw or scraped up areas, you can use antibiotic ointment or some raw,
unpasteurized honey on them to help those areas heal up.
Be sure to give extra oral fluids & calcium for her to support her system after laying.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom