HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munchykin

Something keeps coming out of him, I think it’s grass he ate. But it won’t stop. He is very weak and disabled I don’t know what to do. I just adopted him 2 days ago. He is very small so I gently pulled (as he pushed) on the thing falling out of him and it kept going and going. There’s still some in there what should I do? I don’t have any reptile vets. I’ve given him 3 warm baths
108789-8349862569.jpg
108789-4894629070.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What do you mean weak and disabled? You said you just got him was he walking and active when you got him? Did you take him outside? What was/ is his diet? Please go over the UVB brand and bulb coil or tube? Basking temps what are they how are you taking them? No stickons please -- you need a digital probe thermometer

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That does look like long pieces of grass or something similar. Poor guy. I hope he is able to pass all of it. I would offer plenty of water by dripping on his nose so he can lick it up. Hydration and soft foods, perhaps some baby food squash may be helpful for clearing out his system. I'd focus on that first and then can start to build a healthy diet for him going forward.

Munchykin

Original Poster
KarrieRee":p8otlhlr said:
What do you mean weak and disabled? You said you just got him was he walking and active when you got him? Did you take him outside? What was/ is his diet? Please go over the UVB brand and bulb coil or tube? Basking temps what are they how are you taking them? No stickons please -- you need a digital probe thermometer

No problem. He has a 10.0 reptisun 14” UVB. I adopted him all weak and disabled, he came from a rescue because they got him from a home that only had him in a 10 gallon, no uvb, no heat as he was eaten alive by crickets. Poor thing. I’ve only had him in my care for 3 days now and it’s his first time pooping for me. He had this long piece of grass and I was terrified I had hurt him. I also have a temp gun for taking his temps as well as a digital probe. I care for him deeply and don’t want to see him suffer

Munchykin

Original Poster
CooperDragon":34ibcbdz said:
That does look like long pieces of grass or something similar. Poor guy. I hope he is able to pass all of it. I would offer plenty of water by dripping on his nose so he can lick it up. Hydration and soft foods, perhaps some baby food squash may be helpful for clearing out his system. I'd focus on that first and then can start to build a healthy diet for him going forward.

He drank tons of water today which was great. I will definitely try some baby food. They have a fairly healthy diet with some occasional mint, collard greens, mustard greens, parsley, squash, zucchini and much more. I have 3 dragons now and I try to vary their diet whenever I can. The baby food squash is very helpful! Thank you for the suggestion :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That definitely is grass.....so he "should" be able to pass that through, but keep him well
hydrated so that he wont have too much trouble with that. I am sorry that he was previously
abused & injured. How bad were the cricket bites & are they mainly on his toes?
I hope that his appetite continues to improve. You can consider getting some bee pollen to
help boost his appetite & immune system.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Munchykin

Original Poster
Drache613":copo7skp said:
Hello,

That definitely is grass.....so he "should" be able to pass that through, but keep him well
hydrated so that he wont have too much trouble with that. I am sorry that he was previously
abused & injured. How bad were the cricket bites & are they mainly on his toes?
I hope that his appetite continues to improve. You can consider getting some bee pollen to
help boost his appetite & immune system.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

I was able to get the rest out of him without resistance! Thank you everyone for the help. His cricket scars are mainly on his back and stomach area :(. But luckily that was a while ago where he had an abusive owner. He is doing so much better now. Kai thanks all of you!
(P.s I do have him on a sort of carpet lining so he can grip in it to move otherwise the poor baby flails around. I keep it clean)
108789-6037012143.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm sure that's a relief to him as well. Hopefully after a few weeks on a healthy diet he will start to feel a lot better. Please keep us posted.

Munchykin

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1cdg50aj said:
I'm sure that's a relief to him as well. Hopefully after a few weeks on a healthy diet he will start to feel a lot better. Please keep us posted.

He went poop this morning and it all looked quite healthy. I’m so relieved there’s no blockage or bleeding! I knew adopting a severely disabled bearded dragon wouldn’t be easy but it sure is stressful. He deserves the best care possible with what he has been through. I take pictures of all his poops so far to compare with healthy poops from other dragons. I will update this post again when he starts getting more lively.
P.s he loves apple btw- learned that today :)

Also:
This is his size comparison next to a quarter. He is two years old.. That is what the rescue told me and she was very knowledgeable.
108789-892803930.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Well hes shedding thats a good sign -- get him on a good diet but go slow as Copper Dragon advised and he should start to thrive now w/ good basking temps and good UVB -- please post if you need more help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom