Discoloured foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDragonZulu

So I just got a bearded dragon last week, he is turning 3 in June, maybe day 3 I noticed one of his front feet looked much darker than the other. Upon further inspection his toes look thinner as well. And he often will raise that foot at me. Or when he's sleeping he lays it flat behind him whereas the other foot will be above his head. He also does dig with that hand and I havn't given it a good clean yet. But I know it's more than dirt. I've been putting triple antibiotic poly on it. How much would a vet apt cost? And what are some natural remedies I can try??? Please help!
110926-9855549517.jpg
110926-335383728.jpg
110926-6148022669.jpg

**UPDATE**
So I have been doing the soaking and I scrubbed it one time, polysporin, and then also some 2.5PH water and 11.5ph water soaks and when I came home from work today one of his toes fell off! No blood that I can see. I'm pretty freaked out. I have a vet apt. Booked for the 20th but that's still a ways away! Should I continue to put polysporin on it?? The PH water should have gotten rid of any infection. I don't know how else to help my little guy, please help ?
110926-5441365391.jpg

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
I don't know about the foot. To post a pic, scroll down on the right side menu, under other fun stuff, and there is a link to the user image upload manager. Click that, upload your photo, then you can use the ximg tab up above to add a pic to your post. I've had to try a couple times while refreshing the page to upload an image, but it eventually works. People on here are EXTREMELY helpful, but something like this sounds like a time they would want to see a picture of what you are talking about.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
You are so very welcome. As a new beardie mom as of late December, I totally feel the stress of having a new dragon and wanting to do the absolute best for them. These people have helped me save the life of my rescue. Good luck to you and yours.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Is your dragon housed alone or with another dragon? It is hard to tell but it doesn't look like
an injury so much but possibly retained shed?
How long has it appeared this way? Have you tried soaking the foot for a bit & gently using a
toothbrush to see if you could slough off any old skin that might be having some trouble shedding
off. You could use some shea butter or coconut oil on that area if there is some shed skin.
Is he eating normally? He is a very handsome dragon, by the way, he looks very happy.

Tracie

GDragonZulu

Original Poster
Hi Tracie!
Thanks so much for the suggestions! I will definitely try the soft scrub and shea/coconut oil. He has been housed alone for the past 2 years to my knowledge. And he seems very happy to me as well, eats everyday. Pooping a few times a week too. Everything else seems normal, regular lights off times, I have temp and humidity under control as well. Also thank you for calling his handsome? I definitely agree. ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You are welcome. Let us know how things are going & if his foot starts to improve. Hopefully
it will get better & it is just retained shed that will slough off with some effort.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom