Dry skin in nose not able to breath

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my beardie for about a month now got him from pet supermarket, he's never been a big eater but did he three or four crickets a day here and there up until about 2 weeks ago when he all the sudden stopped wanting to eat well maybe eat one cricket a day maybe two, and it looks like he has dry skin in his nose every time he breathes I can see it puff out and then he inhales and it gets sucked in but his little nose holes are so small that I can't get it out even with tweezers I've tried the dull side of a pen but I don't want to hurt him by sticking it in his nose so I was trying to get to the area that possibly was sticking out but it doesn't seem like any is on the outside it's only on the inside, it's causing him trouble breathing he keeps doing this weird thing where he blows up almost his belly and his beard and then opens his mouth, he's lost his appetite he doesn't move around much, I have his repty son t8 lamp posted inside his enclosure along with 100 watt Exo Terra heat light, his basking spot hot spot is 110 and goes down from there meaning other areas are about 95 other areas about 100 but the hottest point where he basks is 110, humidity is usually always between 35 and 45 usually about 38, I don't know what else to do I don't know what I'm doing wrong with this poor little guy has not really had a good start, I also just got a leopard gecko from a breeder and that little baby came with a great appetite eats about 5 to 6 crickets or worms about twice a day, is already getting used to being handled and seems to be doing extremely well but on the other hand my son's beardy is not doing so good, and we really really love him like part of the family it's breaking my heart to see him possibly suffer, and I want to help him so I'm reaching out to you guys before I make an appointment for a vet I figured I would try one last shot and see if anybody had any advice before I go ahead and just pay the 140 and take him to a vet.. I just don't want to take him to the vet and be told there's nothing that can be done and waste of money so if anybody has any helpful encouraging advice please please I'm welcoming comments.. thank you very much for you guys this time I hope everybody has a blessed day, I'm also going to try to submit a video of what his nose keeps doing.. and also as an update I just got home from work his nose is still clogged and now it seems like his right eye if you're looking at him his right eye is closed because it seems to be bothering him it's really watery, I just don't know what to do what does poor little guy it seems one thing after another and I want to help him

DracosMama

Original Poster
110796-9669584808.jpg

I was only able to post a picture does anybody know how to post a video? So that way you can see what he's doing

DracosMama

Original Poster
He must have hurt his eye maybe scratching his face on his hammock, he scratches his face on both sides up and down his hammock and I believe it's because his nose is clogged with no shed and it's driving him nuts so I'll see him scratching and scratching scratching both sides of his face well yesterday I came home to check on how his nose was doing and I noticed that he had one eye closed, if I was looking right at him it was on the right side, it's really watery and it's closed 24/7.... Please help.... No not only do I have his nose being clogged with all that stuff shed but now something's wrong with his eye as well.. and I'm at a standstill cuz I don't know what to do next

DracosMama

Original Poster
He must have hurt his eye maybe scratching his face on his hammock, he scratches his face on both sides up and down his hammock and I believe it's because his nose is clogged with no shed and it's driving him nuts so I'll see him scratching and scratching scratching both sides of his face well yesterday I came home to check on how his nose was doing and I noticed that he had one eye closed, if I was looking right at him it was on the right side, it's really watery and it's closed 24/7.... Please help.... Now not only do I have his nose being clogged with all that stuff shed but now something's wrong with his eye as well.. and I'm at a standstill cuz I don't know what to do next.... PLEASEEEE HELP , IN THE MEANTIME I FEEL LIKE HE'S SUFFERING AND I JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO HELP HIM WITHOUT HURTING HIM

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Leave it be , ( partial nostril blockage ) very common issue that sorts itself out.

Have there been a shed yet ? At his age and stage of development they shed often ( every month or so ) and can become less interested in feeding in the week or so before they have that next skin explosion .

You could try handfeeding if he's gone off his food entirely.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
DracosMama":7k4zcr8z said:
He must have hurt his eye maybe scratching his face on his hammock, he scratches his face on both sides up and down his hammock and I believe it's because his nose is clogged with no shed and it's driving him nuts so I'll see him scratching and scratching scratching both sides of his face well yesterday I came home to check on how his nose was doing and I noticed that he had one eye closed, if I was looking right at him it was on the right side, it's really watery and it's closed 24/7.... Please help.... Now not only do I have his nose being clogged with all that stuff shed but now something's wrong with his eye as well.. and I'm at a standstill cuz I don't know what to do next.... PLEASEEEE HELP , IN THE MEANTIME I FEEL LIKE HE'S SUFFERING AND I JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO HELP HIM WITHOUT HURTING HIM

Sure sign he's coming up to a face and lip and head shed ( and yes a nose shed too ) . Perfectly normal.

DracosMama

Original Poster
He shed about 3 weeks ago.. but just his head and his tail his body did not shed, just his bottom lip & his head as well as all of his tail ****.. does anyone know how to post a video I really would like you guys to see the puffing up and mouth opening thing that he keeps doing because it seems he can't get enough air through his nose.. but I can't figure out how to post a video

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
DracosMama":1lmad9d4 said:
He shed about 3 weeks ago.. but just his head and his tail his body did not shed, just his bottom lip & his head as well as all of his tail *****.. does anyone know how to post a video I really would like you guys to see the puffing up and mouth opening thing that he keeps doing because it seems he can't get enough air through his nose.. but I can't figure out how to post a video
Another shed wont be far away if he's a young as he appears to be.

I've not posted videos here .

Try uploading to YOUTUBE ? and then copy the https link ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom